Need help figuring out what’s wrong with my boy blue!!

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Hello all, I’m new here. My name is Jason and I have a 2 and a half year old English bulldog named blue!! Recently blue has had some issue with vomiting and we can’t seem to figure out why and the vet isn’t much help. Blue throws up mostly yellow but sometimes clear bile. This is never with any food it is just bile. Originally I thought it was because he had an empty stomach so I started feeding him smaller meals but more often. Recently he throws up almost everyday about 5-6 hours after eating and it’s all bile. He will drool excessively before vomiting. He has a hiatal hernia that we are addressing at the end of may, does anyone think that could be a cause of this? My vet thinks so. Has anyone dealt with similar issues? Please share your experiences. I just want the best for my boy.
Mr Ralph use to do the same, he would chew on footballs/toys and and swallow the plastic, few hours later he would be sick. no more chewing footballs or toys for Ralph.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
🤷‍♂️ In my opinion, May: isn’t long term and will help improve quality of life.

Continue with the smaller meals more often. Hiatal hernias are miserable
@Jason983 - welcome to EBN! I agree with Benny - a month would not be long term, but you can use over the counter anti-acid Famotidine like 10 mg a day to help

Members online

No members online now.