White Winkle powder (let’s find some zinc oxide)

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
After about a year of hearing friends sing the praises of “White Winkle”, I decided to order some and compare it to what I have been using for dampness protection, and healing: corn starch, wrinkle paste, neo-predef

After a few weeks I can report: Wow this stuff is awesome. It is spring and Millie has some mild itchies and the start of the same spots she had last year. In the last few weeks I’ve used it to heal the start of some hotspots, calm spring feet, keep tear wrinkles clean and dry, keep tail pocket clean and dry, heal sores on head and in ear caused by scratching.

Seems to work just as well as the neo-predef, and better than the wrinkle paste.

It is insanely expensive. It is made in Italy and I had to import it. Cost was about $55 for the large container.

The ingredients listed have me believing the only important one is the zinc oxide. (They are actually quite similar to those listed in Wrinkle Paste). So… does anyone have contacts for a zinc oxide powder supplier in the US?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I actually found a beef tallow based zinc oxide I used last summer on beau -- it worked pretty well and doubles as a sunscreen for humans

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm still importing the white winkle. It's been working better than other zinc oxide ive found - so I've split what I had among friends and will continue to make bulk orders until we find something that works as well and easier to get ahold of...

Last edited:

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
After about a year of hearing friends sing the praises of “White Winkle”, I decided to order some and compare it to what I have been using for dampness protection, and healing: corn starch, wrinkle paste, neo-predef

After a few weeks I can report: Wow this stuff is awesome. It is spring and Millie has some mild itchies and the start of the same spots she had last year. In the last few weeks I’ve used it to heal the start of some hotspots, calm spring feet, keep tear wrinkles clean and dry, keep tail pocket clean and dry, heal sores on head and in ear caused by scratching.

Seems to work just as well as the neo-predef, and better than the wrinkle paste.

It is insanely expensive. It is made in Italy and I had to import it. Cost was about $55 for the large container.

The ingredients listed have me believing the only important one is the zinc oxide. (They are actually quite similar to those listed in Wrinkle Paste). So… does anyone have contacts for a zinc oxide powder supplier in the US?
I spoke to a pro handler last week. He uses Desitin ointment on his dogs for the tear stains. It's in the baby section of stores. When I was a pediatric nurse, we recommended this for diaper rash, which was often yeast infections. (Why I didn't think of this earlier???) I'm trying it out. Zinc oxide is the main ingredient, 40%.

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
I spoke to a pro handler last week. He uses Desitin ointment on his dogs for the tear stains. It's in the baby section of stores. When I was a pediatric nurse, we recommended this for diaper rash, which was often yeast infections. (Why I didn't think of this earlier???) I'm trying it out. Zinc oxide is the main ingredient, 40%.
Seems worth trying. I like the idea of the powder, but it's probably not great to flake around the nose? "Wrinkle Paste" can be picked up at some of the shows, and on Amazon (etc) has the same ingredients as WhiteWinkle, but it's a paste like Desitin. I keep it on hand

Remind me this weekend to give you some. I just opened a new container so I can dump a bit into the old one for you.

Last edited:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wait a minute…..reading all this n it just hit me, I went in my bathroom cubby, and had this. I used it when kids were babies many moons go a still for rashes etc. They still sell this in every pharmacy or grocery stores in Canada. Much cheaper too. Btw, my can is like 10yrs old. Bare in mind it’s a very thick paste. You can buy it in bigger jars.

Mine is old n has only one medical ingredient as you can see, zinc. Today’s I don’t know. Ask the seller. When I go out I’ll try to look at them tins n take a photo. BTW, not a powder but…..

Must read👇

Attachments

• IMG_6914.jpeg
    IMG_6914.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6915.jpeg
    IMG_6915.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I started using this for Lambeau last year... doesn't work as well as desitin, but i like that it is more natural

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Sort of off topic, but the breeder that invented the powder won Best of Breed today in the world Championships

Luna bulldog

Jul 24, 2023
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Wait a minute…..reading all this n it just hit me, I went in my bathroom cubby, and had this. I used it when kids were babies many moons go a still for rashes etc. They still sell this in every pharmacy or grocery stores in Canada. Much cheaper too. Btw, my can is like 10yrs old. Bare in mind it’s a very thick paste. You can buy it in bigger jars.

Mine is old n has only one medical ingredient as you can see, zinc. Today’s I don’t know. Ask the seller. When I go out I’ll try to look at them tins n take a photo. BTW, not a powder but…..

Must read👇

Does this product make the dogs wrinkles more White??

I have a dark color dog that’s not white and I’m not sure if this product will make her wrinkles go white(which I don’t want)??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Does this product make the dogs wrinkles more White??

I have a dark color dog that’s not white and I’m not sure if this product will make her wrinkles go white(which I don’t want)??
No, it’s zinc. Nyala is brindle. It’s what we use for diaper rashes on babies.

Members online

No members online now.