My English Bully hates to be held

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He is super gorgeous and WOW! looks like a gorgeous white face as well :) Might I ask what you feed ? :) It sure seems to suit him :) He looks great and healthy and it sure looks like you take great care of the fella :)

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
He is super gorgeous and WOW! looks like a gorgeous white face as well :) Might I ask what you feed ? :) It sure seems to suit him :) He looks great and healthy and it sure looks like you take great care of the fella :)

Thank you for the kind words, the primary food he eats is Blue Wilderness. I also mix in a small amount of wet food called "Backyard BBQ", as well as some greek yogurt and coconut oil with one meal, and we share a banana daily. All of these things were byproducts of reading the forums, and seeing what was the best meal plan I could get together for him.

I also clean his tear stain areas and nose rope 2-4 times a day, and he goes to doggy spa once a month to be pampered :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you for the kind words, the primary food he eats is Blue Wilderness. I also mix in a small amount of wet food called "Backyard BBQ", as well as some greek yogurt and coconut oil with one meal, and we share a banana daily. All of these things were byproducts of reading the forums, and seeing what was the best meal plan I could get together for him.

I also clean his tear stain areas and nose rope 2-4 times a day, and he goes to doggy spa once a month to be pampered :)

Well he's just gorgeous and all suits him well!!! I crack up and the "banana" deal as I share mine with Hank as well and his daddy always has to say rather snidly... "YOUR A DOG" lol but he's a dog well fed I always add ;)

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Well he's just gorgeous and all suits him well!!! I crack up and the "banana" deal as I share mine with Hank as well and his daddy always has to say rather snidly... "YOUR A DOG" lol but he's a dog well fed I always add ;)

He cracks me up, anytime I am eating something, he just plants himself between my legs and looks up at me like I should be sharing every meal with him. I always need a few puppy treats under my plate for him at a minimum, we also gets a few small bites of whatever eggs I have in the morning. Cute bulldog faces are dangerous, I had to learn quickly not to feed him just because he is looking so cute and hungry lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He cracks me up, anytime I am eating something, he just plants himself between my legs and looks up at me like I should be sharing every meal with him. I always need a few puppy treats under my plate for him at a minimum, we also gets a few small bites of whatever eggs I have in the morning. Cute bulldog faces are dangerous, I had to learn quickly not to feed him just because he is looking so cute and hungry lol.

TRUTH!!! Ya can’t resist that face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)

So funny that they like bananas. My dogs DO NOT like bananas, lol. I wish they did because once they have brown spots, I don't like bananas and they end up being thrown out. My bullies will put the banana in their mouths, and then that tongue pushes it right back out!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So funny that they like bananas. My dogs DO NOT like bananas, lol. I wish they did because once they have brown spots, I don't like bananas and they end up being thrown out. My bullies will put the banana in their mouths, and then that tongue pushes it right back out!

I laughed because these guys are such good eaters that when they don't like something , it's the cutest thing the way they get it right back out of their mouth .

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

Spotty bananas = banana bread. Yummy.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
He’s handsome! I love his name, my girl is a big time crab cake lol she doesn’t like to be held or picked up. She doesn’t like me to touch her wirh out getting a growl out of her. When I wipe her folds it’s a task lol

She has a personality of a cat. She comes on her terms to be petted or snuggle. She’s a rescue and very taken care of.

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
Hi! I understand where you are coming from. I got my Dinah at 4 months, and she's never been a cuddler. Friends would come over with their dogs, and the other dogs cuddle next to me LOL.
I was told by a friend who's had many bulldogs (I think 12 in this lifetime) and assured me that it's Bulldog behavior -- Sometimes they just wanna get what they want from you when they want it.
For a while I was told because she was female, and I believed it, but I think that's crap, it's the breed and it's just on their terms. She sees me as the "maid" right now LOL Dinah_00.JPG

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Hey guys, just wanted to post some updates. He still certainly is quite independent, and his comfort level with being held is still really low, but I bought a new couch last week and he absolutely loves cuddling next to me on it. I think he looks at it like it’s his own throne, but when he plops down on top of me and instantly goes to sleep it really makes me feel like a million bucks. FA3115EC-0FDE-4B1F-8ED9-BC4B2972375F.jpeg26F13A54-16E1-450A-ADD8-EE702FE13C44.jpeg8B70231F-C8B4-47A0-A160-DBCFC3F2047E.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey guys, just wanted to post some updates. He still certainly is quite independent, and his comfort level with being held is still really low, but I bought a new couch last week and he absolutely loves cuddling next to me on it. I think he looks at it like it’s his own throne, but when he plops down on top of me and instantly goes to sleep it really makes me feel like a million bucks. View attachment 114257View attachment 114258View attachment 114259

Awwwa....Enjoy!!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Now that's a Happy CrabCake

Members online