Help Needed! Lolas getting better but worse

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
My only advise is to start raw feeding. Start with only one source of protein and give nothing else, not even to chew, before she starts healing. After that add one more source and see if you get a reaction. If not after 2-4 weeks add again and so on. That is the only way to find out what allergies she has without tests.

Yup, this is exactly what I thought once I started reading it. But not medallion raw or stuff you buy in a bag that costs an arm and a leg, REAL raw feeding. Stock up at the butchers, buy backs, necks, livers, tripe, all the nasty stuff you just know our bullies will love. I think it's a waste of money to buy prepackaged raw foods since, for me anyway, the whole point of raw is knowing exactly what my dogs are eating and you can't get that if you're buying the prepackaged raw patties. I do the same for my family, too. The only frozen stuff I buy that aren't veggies or diced potatoes (cuz that's such a time saver for me!! I'm a cheater, I know) is lasagna (which hubby has been asking me to make my own now so maybe not anymore) and fish sticks cuz the kids and i love fish sticks! Now for myself, I'll buy the Smart Ones frozen dinners to heat up at work or a bean and cheese burrito but I don't bring it here, it goes straight to the freezer at work. I think it's worth a try, what do you have to lose except for a sick and itchy bully allergies?

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
you guys are all so smart. vet says food allergy. we are now eating canisource beef and pork kibble andraw beef medallions at night. no toppings.. Lolas eating! for now. :) we will cut out all dairy and the liver treats though. and if no improvement on the bald spot, ugh try the hills hypoallerg. the vet suggested ugh. but thank you all for your comments and help !! love this place

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

📰 Latest posts

Members online