Is this Food allergy?!?

Sushirolls

Aug 5, 2023
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
S
2ED1959F-5EDA-4CF7-B8FB-3348B47A1AFD.jpeg
We adopted her a month ago and she had a perfect coat. I started to feed her cooked raw, beef, chicken, pork, broccoli, peas, sweet potatoes, salmon oil pumps and more fruit and veg.
She started with spots on the top of her head, that form into a sore and eventually scabs and then becomes hairless.
I moved her onto salmon kibble to see if this would change and after a week itā€™s still showing signs of more balding in the surrounding area.

Could anyone please advise if they have experienced this before?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
View attachment 124579We adopted her a month ago and she had a perfect coat. I started to feed her cooked raw, beef, chicken, pork, broccoli, peas, sweet potatoes, salmon oil pumps and more fruit and veg.
She started with spots on the top of her head, that form into a sore and eventually scabs and then becomes hairless.
I moved her onto salmon kibble to see if this would change and after a week itā€™s still showing signs of more balding in the surrounding area.

Yes my French Bulldog used to get those from allergies.

What kibble are you currently feeding her???

I would definitely avoid kibble if you can, and no Chicken or pork and no rice or potatoes or peas as they are very common allergy ingredients(especially chicken) and the other ingredients feed the yeast which causes more allergies.

Are you able to switch her to raw diet??

Maybe do raw fish, beef in rotation for proteins and if she isnā€™t better in a few weeks, I would say itā€™s environmental allergies like pollen or grasses, which I recommend keeping her on the raw diet and add bovine colostrum supplement as itā€™s very helpful for environmental allergies.
You add the bovine colostrum powder to the dish 30 minutes BEFORE you give him breakfast cause itā€™s absorbed better on empty stomach.
I buy the Four Leaf Rover brand for bovine colostrum, very helpful for this!

I would try a herring oil or Green Lipped mussel oil instead of the Salmon oil incase he developed allergy to the salmon(and some salmon and fish oils go rancid easily), I actually use the Four Leaf Rover brand Safe Sea which is green lipped mussel oil which has also been beneficial to my dogs allergy inflammation and that one doesnā€™t go rancid like most fish oils do.

First try switching her to raw diet without veg, do beef and other fish for proteins.

Where are you located? I can recommend good raw dog food brands that may be available to you.

you can put some colloidal silver or Adored Beast Owies Oopsies spray for those hives to heal.

Keep us updated

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 124579We adopted her a month ago and she had a perfect coat. I started to feed her cooked raw, beef, chicken, pork, broccoli, peas, sweet potatoes, salmon oil pumps and more fruit and veg.

I responded to other thread as well... if under a year have her checked for mange if over a year it most likely looks to be a staph infection.

Members online

No members online now.