Stupid question... but is 'Honest Kitchen Freeze Dried Raw' the same as 'The Honest Kitchen Dehydrated'?

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
All I can find is 'Dehydrated'. Asking for a 12-year-old EB friend who has hated her food for the past 8 years.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
All I can find is 'Dehydrated'. Asking for a 12-year-old EB friend who has hated her food for the past 8 years.
I donā€™t believe honest kitchen has a raw line

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
No question is stupid.
Hereā€™s their website n if you scroll down completely youā€™ll see 2 videos them explaining whatā€™s inside n how they do it. Btw, no, there is no raw meat. But yes fresh veggies but dehydrated. Check out the videos.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
They have a kibble and a dehydrated raw which you just add water to.

They donā€™t have a raw other than dehydrated raw.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for all the replies.. I guess i should have mentioned why i asked :)

I am on the hunt for a new food for Molly (EB) and our friends feed their dogs 'The Honest Kitchen Dehydrated'.

The ratings page lists 'Honest Kitchen Freeze Dried Raw' as a 6* food.
https://www.englishbulldognews.com/threads/dog-food-ratings.62911/

So I was trying to figure out if they are the same thing. So.. i guess my question still stands :)

Is the 6* Honest Kitchen food listed on the food ratings page the same thing as the Dehydrated? I'm going to guess No.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

I am on the hunt for a new food for Molly (EB) and our friends feed their dogs 'The Honest Kitchen Dehydrated'.

So I was trying to figure out if they are the same thing. So.. i guess my question still stands :)

Is the 6* Honest Kitchen food listed on the food ratings page the same thing as the Dehydrated? I'm going to guess No.

What are you currently feeding her?

Carna 4 and Natures Logic is the best for dry and they both are synthetic free and whole food based and have probiotics in it too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I THINK at the time this page was done, many years ago, THK called it dehydrated raw... not I think the name may be different, but it is the same food.

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)

Our dogs absolutely LOVE this, and it's good on sensitive tummies. It's as close to raw as we've gotten, but I feel really good feeding it to them. As for how "RAW" it really is, I suppose that's sorta up to interpretation. I mean, it's raw and dehydrated. It's not like they cook the turkey in it.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What are you currently feeding her?

Carna 4 and Natures Logic is the best for dry and they both are synthetic free and whole food based and have probiotics in it too.
Sorry for the late reply..

We've been feeding Zignature Kangaroo due to our other dog's (RIP) allergies. Molly absolutely hates it. We have to include some type of add-in to get her to eat it.

We have her almost moved off of Zignature now and she absolutely loves Honest Kitchen.

Remi

Jul 29, 2023
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Remi
Sorry for the late reply..

We've been feeding Zignature Kangaroo due to our other dog's (RIP) allergies. Molly absolutely hates it. We have to include some type of add-in to get her to eat it.

We have her almost moved off of Zignature now and she absolutely loves Honest Kitchen.
I have Remi on Zignature salmon , looking to move him to honest kitchen as well . Heā€™s 4 and still loves his food . I add pumpkin , carrots and fresh string beans on it . I want to give him a healthier life !! Your pup still loving it ?

Members online

No members online now.