Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
ok,,, just found his akc papers and yep,,,,, say bulldog... not English bulldog... wonder of others papers ;)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yeah he looks nothing like that lol. I have AKC papers on him though so he's a purebred right? Like OED

AKC paperwork just like CKC or any club, has to state on it what breed it is n NOT just bulldog or that paperwork is hiding something. Bulldog can be any type of dog that has some bully in them. Pitbull, boxer, Bantam, OEB, EB etc etc. My brindle Nyala is a Bantam Bulldog. Longer legs comparing to EB n a tad longer nose. So "bulldog" is a big word. I would definitely talk to the breeder.

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
It just says breed bulldog IMG_4571.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
AKC paperwork just like CKC or any club, has to state on it what breed it is n NOT just bulldog or that paperwork is hiding something. Bulldog can be any type of dog that has some bully in them. Pitbull, boxer, Bantam, OEB, EB etc etc. My brindle Nyala is a Bantam Bulldog. Longer legs comparing to EB n a tad longer nose. So "bulldog" is a big word. I would definitely talk to the breeder.

a question.... Hank, as I stated,,, is 45/46 lbs and a bit more leggy I think than some others, but anyway,,,, what puts them in the "bantam" breed category? He's 17 months old and beautifully built (I think ;) and is he just a nice small English Bulldog, or does that change things up... and how would you find out.... Only as a matter if interest,,, I love checking this out.. and,,, His AKC papers,( that I sent in for), have his dads registered # and moms, and his but it does just say "welcome to the world of purebred dogs" and it sais "bulldog... hummmm And I have his pedigree stuff too..and even on the "champion" listings, it doesn't say "English Bulldog" lol... got me curious

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
I'm curious too...I love gunny no matter what but I kinda wanna know lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
a question.... Hank, as I stated,,, is 45/46 lbs and a bit more leggy I think than some others, but anyway,,,, what puts them in the "bantam" breed category? He's 17 months old and beautifully built (I think ;) and is he just a nice small English Bulldog, or does that change things up... and how would you find out.... Only as a matter if interest,,, I love checking this out.. and,,, His AKC papers,( that I sent in for), have his dads registered # and moms, and his but it does just say "welcome to the world of purebred dogs" and it sais "bulldog... hummmm And I have his pedigree stuff too..and even on the "champion" listings, it doesn't say "English Bulldog" lol... got me curious
Well a good friend of mine, her very good friend for years is in charge of the CKC. She said once that the full breed name always should be on the paperwork. Now when it comes to a breed like bulldog that is much harder to follow as bulldog can be in different breeds. Its not like example a Doberman. Old english bulldogge is NOT the same as Old english bulldog so the Old English bulldogge is not recognize to the AKC.which has been arpund like mid 1600. Bantam has been around since early 1800 and not recognize either. I cannot say 100% why some paperwork says bulldog only. I only know from what showdog owners and a couple judges told me which whom are on the Canadian side. Seems should be the same in the U.S. according to them. Maybe others can lighten up the paperwork of an EB.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
So there is a difference between olde English and old English bulldogs? And I'm guessing since mine has AFK papers he's a old English?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How old is this pup? They go through a very leggy/thin stage and do not look like English Bulldogs from about week 9 until they are 10 months old to a year.

What do the AKC papers say? If they say "bulldog" you should have a real English Bulldog. If you did not get papers, then it's quite possible you have an EB or EB/OEB mix

But all in all, even pure 100% show parents can produce leggy children, and the best part about English Bulldogs is that they are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get!

OP
S

Shanemcooper

Jul 6, 2017
Country
United States 🇺🇸
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
It'll be 7 months on the 14th of July. On the AKC papers it just says Bulldog as the breed. I have pictures of both the mother and father and the look like English Bulldogs. I only paid 700 for the little guy...and everything seems legit on the papers. I was concerned about the size of his head and how tall he is. So he might fill out more as he gets older?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
AKC names a Bulldog a Bulldog. AKC standards are the pinnacle in North America, IMO.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yep,,,, betcha he fills out bunches... 7 months is a real funny age... I'm just now noticing how wide my Hanks getting!!! he's 17 months.. and quite studly I might add ;) (of course I think that,,,,, he's mine ;) Your's has lots of changes to get through... Just enjoy because he's going to be what he's going to be and so just make sure he's eating good, and loveHimUp...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It'll be 7 months on the 14th of July. On the AKC papers it just says Bulldog as the breed. I have pictures of both the mother and father and the look like English Bulldogs. I only paid 700 for the little guy...and everything seems legit on the papers. I was concerned about the size of his head and how tall he is. So he might fill out more as he gets older?
Now you got your answer. :) I went with according what ckc lady said but wasnt 100% sure for akc's papers. Rather have experts like bullmama n oscarmayer answer you how your paperwork...works. boils down you have a great looking puppy!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

This is erroneous. See below. Do you have your Bantam Bull Dog's papers for reference ?

8676bdae73faa5899d80796c2b8c10b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Just my 2 cents worth but in the Westminster Dog Show, don't they just announce them as 'Bulldog' in the Non Sporting Group, not English Bulldog? So just having them as Bulldog on the papers makes sense to me.

ETA. Just looked at Crufts and they just refer to them as Bulldog too.

Members online

No members online now.