Is my EB ears normal?

abigailclairej

Aug 7, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roland
Hi everyone! I recently got my first puppy for my birthday (my dream breed) and have a quick question on if Rolandā€™s ears are supposed to look like this or will they flop down? He is 4 months old and the sweetest thing ever!

Attachments

• DSC_0607.jpeg
    DSC_0607.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0594.jpeg
    DSC_0594.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
At 4 months I donā€™t believe they will flop down much, but things change as the puppy teethes.

You can find all you need to know in the Bulldog Club of Americaā€™s Illustrated Standard!

https://bulldogclubofamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/illustratedstandard.pdf

Learn it and use it to educate yourself about your dog and then others when they have questions for you.

Here is the section on what a bulldogā€™s ears should look like:
IMG_9654.png

And faults
IMG_9652.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™ve seen some breeders using glue to hold ears down till cartilage forms bent or into a rose bud. Vet might help you there or leave them as is. Heā€™s a cutie.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi everyone! I recently got my first puppy for my birthday (my dream breed) and have a quick question on if Rolandā€™s ears are supposed to look like this or will they flop down? He is 4 months old and the sweetest thing ever!
Welcome!

He is cute

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
These ears are a major fault in Bulldogs but I absolutely love them. They are so dang cute I can't stand it. Try to fix them with hot glue if you want or leave them like they are. I think he's cute as can be.
BTW, with ears like that, the likelihood of ear infections is way low.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
To answer your question, no the ears should not look like that. I do not recommend gluing them at this stage as it's a short window to glue them and it's usually done around 8 weeks old with eyelash glue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Too freakin adorable... leave those ears be, they may not be standard bulldog ears but they are darn cute!

Welcome to EBN