New floating water bowl

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I saw this water bowl on a commercial n thought of Sadie which drinks like a cow. Water all over the floor. All 3 drinks outside in the summer n winter. I have a heating bowl for winter. Anyhoo, when I saw this bowl I figured give it a try for the house. WORKS PERFECTLY, does what it says. The middle section basically floats like, yes, a cow waterer. Also has a filter which you change every 3-4 months. I use filter water cause of well water it has more minerals n them salts will be harder to remove.

Attachments

• IMG_6817.jpeg
    IMG_6817.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6816.jpeg
    IMG_6816.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6815.jpeg
    IMG_6815.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6813.jpeg
    IMG_6813.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6814.jpeg
    IMG_6814.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 37

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I like it...how does it do managing slime?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I saw this water bowl on a commercial n thought of Sadie which drinks like a cow. Water all over the floor. All 3 drinks outside in the summer n winter. I have a heating bowl for winter. Anyhoo, when I saw this bowl I figured give it a try for the house. WORKS PERFECTLY, does what it says. The middle section basically floats like, yes, a cow waterer. Also has a filter which you change every 3-4 months. I use filter water cause of well water it has more minerals n them salts will be harder to remove.

Neat water dish.

Does it seem to work for less water mess on the floor?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Neat water dish.

Does it seem to work for less water mess on the floor?
Totally works. itā€™s not Nyala n Jake the problem, itā€™s Sadie. When she raises her head she doesnā€™t shut her mouth n everything goes right back out. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s bullies out there that drinks sloppy to but Sadieā€¦.I think my cows dribbles less than her loll

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I like it...how does it do managing slime?
That was one thing I was thinking n did check, so far no slime. Weird. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the filter that cleans it? I do have to say all 3 drinks in it but also drinks outside. Today I filled it up, dogs didnā€™t stay outside much cause it was raining. When I recently refilled it, no slime. The filter is about 1/4ā€ thick n sits right under the Paw hole where the dogs drinks. I will ask my son how his is with slime. He bought his first.

Ok so according to my son his has no slime. The one that would slime was Luna one of his pit bull who sadly passed away early June. So he doesnā€™t have slime but did say he too uses filtered water. I will double check tomorrow n let the bowl run out of water n take it apart to check under the floater n filter. Will let you know.

Last edited:

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
That was one thing I was thinking n did check, so far no slime. Weird. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the filter that cleans it? I do have to say all 3 drinks in it but also drinks outside. Today I filled it up, dogs didnā€™t stay outside much cause it was raining. When I recently refilled it, no slime. The filter is about 1/4ā€ thick n sits right under the Paw hole where the dogs drinks. I will ask my son how his is with slime. He bought his first.

Ok so according to my son his has no slime. The one that would slime was Luna one of his pit bull who sadly passed away early June. So he doesnā€™t have slime but did say he too uses filtered water. I will double check tomorrow n let the bowl run out of water n take it apart to check under the floater n filter. Will let you know.
Do you have to change the water after Saide drinks? i have to change the water everytime Ralph has a drink and wipe his mouth, otherwise it's just slimy water.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
This sounds like a great idea as Buster is a messy drinker. I think my problem would be with the cat as he prefers to drink from the dog's bowl over his!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
@oscarmayer @RalphTheBulldog

So, I just took it apart to clean it and there is NO slime. The only logic I see for slime is when dogs have their mouths in a bowl, the water grabs the slime. This bowl they only get to lick up the water from the paw hole which doesnā€™t have the part of the mouth sitting in water. They need to push down to get more water.

@1Chumly for cats, I donā€™t see the issue. Thereā€™s always water above the paw hole no matter what. See photo 2.

At the end of the day, any animal that is thirsty, they will find a way to drink. Within the day, all 3 understood this bowl. Iā€™m glad I bought it.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you have to change the water after Saide drinks? i have to change the water everytime Ralph has a drink and wipe his mouth, otherwise it's just slimy water.
Sadie is my German Shepherd. Nyala n Jake are the bullies. No, I donā€™t need to wipe their mouths.

Attachments

• IMG_6599.jpeg
    IMG_6599.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've seen commercials and was wondering how they would work out. My two ae pretty good at keeping the water at/in the bowl

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Oh my! No slime??!!??
I will have to get one of those. I think my Frank is the slime king! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
He also brings half of the water away from the bowl when he walks away from it!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my! No slime??!!??
I will have to get one of those. I think my Frank is the slime king! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
He also brings half of the water away from the bowl when he walks away from it!
No, no slime to this day.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Will have to say, if Nyala n Jake wants to drink together itā€™s a bit harder having 2 fat head in same bowl. Nyala will let Jake drink n waits. If Sadie comes along, I make her sit n wait. Iā€™ve moved the bowl outside for now cause Jake needs to stop drinking after 6 or heā€™ll want to pee in the middle of the night. On a raw diet, dogs donā€™t drink as much so kinda works for me by leaving the bowl outside in the summer n winter they have a heating bowl. So basically my dogs drinks outside. This winter I will use that floating bowl in the house till 6 pm when Jake stops drinking. Ahhh good old Jake šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Got the 3 liter model and it works as advertised. I wish it were a bit bigger since we have 5 drinkers. Minimal slime so far, and minimal dripping of water/slime on the floor. I like it and the price was very reasonable. TY HELENE!

Members online

No members online now.