1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
:oops:
I was on an EB forum on FB and someone asked if Chappie (a Mars, UK food) was OK. I looked at the ingredients and was amazed at how many people thought it was good! It is highly recommended on various sites. Seriously, am I missing something here as I wouldn't go near this stuff with a ten-foot pole?
This is the list.
Cereals (Including 4% Whole Wheat), Meat and Animal Derivatives 15% (Including 4% Chicken), Oils and Fats, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Antioxidants.
Could it possibly be any more vague?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I was on an EB forum on FB and someone asked if Chappie (a Mars, UK food) was OK. I looked at the ingredients and was amazed at how many people thought it was good! It is highly recommended on various sites. Seriously, am I missing something here as I wouldn't go near this stuff with a ten-foot pole?
This is the list.
Cereals (Including 4% Whole Wheat), Meat and Animal Derivatives 15% (Including 4% Chicken), Oils and Fats, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Antioxidants.
Animal derivatives are anything left after all parts fit for human consumption have been stripped away…literally anything left. Only 4% chicken and the rest can be most anything. Ugh!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
This is the list.

Some people are ok with those ingredients.
That food is GARBAGE. Those poor dogs of who thinks it’s ok to feed that!
Horrible

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
This is the list.
Poultry and an EB should never be in the same room.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Poultry and an EB should never be in the same room.
Our guys have done very well with Duck(Chicken, not so well) and we just recently switched to Pork and no issues whatsoever. Sticking with the Zignature brand for now.

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I’m here to say both here love chicken and get duck and turkey daily

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Our guys have done very well with Duck(Chicken, not sop well) and we just recently switched to Pork and no issues whatsoever. Sticking with the Zignature brand for now.
I have used Zignature (duck or turkey) for a few years now but Buster was getting very gassy lately so I am in the process of changing to Nature's Logic Pork. We will see how it goes....

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We have not had any, or heard of any, issues with our placed rescues or our personal dogs with Duck. We have no experience with Turkey. We've seen and "heard" of many issues with chicken. This is probably what sounds the "poultry" alarm we often hear.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that food lots nasty... like doggie Fruit loops :sick:

There seems to be a tend going around, I've seen seen it on a rescue page... not to feed bulldogs any type of poultry. Now, i know many have issue with chicken in kibble form, but I've fed my guys raw turkey and duck or years without issue. Or first two did have a chicken allergy, bt our current two do not, i just choose not to fed it to them.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
I’m here to say both here love chicken and get duck and turkey daily
I switched from Fromme puppy, which is chicken based, to Natural Balance Lamb Limited ingredient, 5-6 weeks ago. His poo was still soft and butterscotch in color. Just a mess to clean up. A long time BD owner suggested last week to try Victor Professional which is beef based adult food. What a difference and we've only transitioned to 1/2 and 1/2 & it's Day 5! Darker, firm and formed and Tebow likes it. The only place to buy it is at Tractor Supply or order from the company. 40 lbs cost $52. Compared to the other at 24 lbs for $73, well, I'm sticking with the Victor Pro food (purple bag).

Members online

No members online now.