Feeding my bulldog

Gadwaw1010

Feb 6, 2024
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
First time English bulldog owner and wondering if feeding my pup 2 times a day since she was 8 weeks old is a bad thing never can find any good info online at 8 weeks I was around 1/2-3/4 cup twice a day now she is 18 weeks old and we do a full cup 2 times a day and iv just read most people do 3 times a day and some more when early on, kind of just went of one of my family members that has a dog similar age now Iā€™m thinking of going to 3/4 3 times a day. But I feed her when she gets up and at 9 and around 5 and then a little water at 8 and thatā€™s it.

She was 23.4 pounds at 14 1/2 weeks old one month ago at the vet

I do feed her good quality food Merrick brand for pups and filtered water from fridge

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
A puppy that young needs a lot more food than an adult. Iā€™ve always done and suggest 3 meals a day until probably 4-5 months old and a lot more than 1/2 - 3/4 cup per day. Itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve had a puppy but it was probably more like 1 cup per meal. As they get older and grow, then you start cutting back on the food.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Agree with cbrug, definitely not enough food. The very first yr is where the nutrients a puppy will absorb, the most from momā€™s milk n the Diet. Get some raw liver as a topper. Puppy will intake all the minerals n collagen in her diet. 1/4 cup day for now. It will build her immune system n keep a clean gut.

BTW we like photos of our members fur balls šŸ‘

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Citty and Heleneā€¦ first year or at least till around 10 months old.. three feeding of about a cup per meal.. then cut back to two meals and maybe 3/4 to a cup