Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Was about to say acupuncture but you’re going to be doing it after surgery. Have you ever heard of Tui Na massage?

On the link if you scroll you’ll see a video with Dr Becker. I know you like her. Have a look.

Intervertebral Disc Disease - Canine Arthritis And Joint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_AkpiCYSQY

Very good article! I don't know how I never came across that in my research of IVDD. I emailed the holistic vet that does the acupuncture/laser letting her know we would have to cancel this weekend's appointment and she actually has a laser unit that clients can rent so I asked what the cost is (I'm scared to know). And the disc that is now the problem was mineralized per the last MRI report so I guess I am not surprised it happened again. I know there is another T disc that is mineralized as well.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Very good article! I don't know how I never came across that in my research of IVDD. I emailed the holistic vet that does the acupuncture/laser letting her know we would have to cancel this weekend's appointment and she actually has a laser unit that clients can rent so I asked what the cost is (I'm scared to know). And the disc that is now the problem was mineralized per the last MRI report so I guess I am not surprised it happened again. I know there is another T disc that is mineralized as well.

I just sent you the article so you can read n have a better knowledge. It wasn’t meant for you to cancel appointments. If you want to do it yourself and save $$, well why not. I think it was [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] that did the laser and had good results on her furball.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just sent you the article so you can read n have a better knowledge. It wasn’t meant for you to cancel appointments. If you want to do it yourself and save $$, well why not. I think it was [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] that did the laser and had good results on her furball.

No, no, no...I had cancelled his appointment because he will be going in for surgery. I told the vet we would be back as soon as he was able to and she mentioned that she has a laser unit available to rent out to clients in case I was interested in using it post surgery. I emailed her back this morning to find out how much it costs to rent. It is possible the insurance would cover the cost as they have been covering his treatment this far.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
No, no, no...I had cancelled his appointment because he will be going in for surgery. I told the vet we would be back as soon as he was able to and she mentioned that she has a laser unit available to rent out to clients in case I was interested in using it post surgery. I emailed her back this morning to find out how much it costs to rent. It is possible the insurance would cover the cost as they have been covering his treatment this far.

That would be a great coverage for sure.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That would be a great coverage for sure.

You know, yesterday for sh*its and giggles I added up everything the insurance paid from June 2017 to June 2018 (he was diagnosed and had surgery July 2017) and the amount was like $13,000. Sheesh. If I did not have insurance I don't know what I would do! So I am going to find out how much it costs to rent the laser unit and then contact the insurance to see if it's covered. They cover his acupuncture and laser therapy already so maybe this will be covered too!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So I have a friend that knows Dr. Becker so I begged and pleaded for her to ask Dr. Becker what else I can do to help minimize another reoccurrence. She said it’s hard to know without seeing Jax (which, how awesome would that be) but that rehab therapy is critical to a dog with IVDD and that a strong core is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I have a friend that knows Dr. Becker so I begged and pleaded for her to ask Dr. Becker what else I can do to help minimize another reoccurrence. She said it’s hard to know without seeing Jax (which, how awesome would that be) but that rehab therapy is critical to a dog with IVDD and that a strong core is key.

OMG!!! That would be freakin awesome!!! Where is she located .. is it possible to visit?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

That’s cool!!! You go with surgery for sure. But incorporate oils as maintenance.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wow!!! this will be awesome to have her backing !!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!!! That would be freakin awesome!!! Where is she located .. is it possible to visit?

She’s in Canada. Lisa is the one who knows her and I don’t want to take advantage of her knowing Dr. Becker and working with Rodney so I save my questions for really important stuff lol.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That’s cool!!! You go with surgery for sure. But incorporate oils as maintenance.

Definitely! Just picked up the CBD oil.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Late reading this and stopped halfway thru to gather myself.
Thinking of the pain Jax was in and you fighting on his behalf
just tore me up!

Joining the sacred, sincere prayers being sent to God for Jax's
healing and strength for you, dear Citty. Give 'em hell!

XOXO to all, wish I could give comfort in person.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
This whole story is exhausting...but intriguing. I'm hoping the next chapter is going to end fabulously. ..and hoping so much that Jax responds well to his treatment. GLGLGL!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Late reading this and stopped halfway thru to gather myself.
Thinking of the pain Jax was in and you fighting on his behalf
just tore me up!

Joining the sacred, sincere prayers being sent to God for Jax's
healing and strength for you, dear Citty. Give 'em hell!

XOXO to all, wish I could give comfort in person.

Thank you so much! I never realized how much I could love a dog. I will never stop fighting!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This whole story is exhausting...but intriguing. I'm hoping the next chapter is going to end fabulously. ..and hoping so much that Jax responds well to his treatment. GLGLGL!

Imagine living it!

Members online

No members online now.