Hello from Alberta!

Angusmama

Oct 25, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
We are the proud parents of a 9 month old EB named Angus! He is an absolute joy but I will admit that we often feel lost with all the questions we have about him and how best to care for him. There is an amazing amount of information here and such supportive people!! I know already that I will be changing his food ASAP as he has signs of allergies that I didn’t even know WERE allergies. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We are the proud parents of a 9 month old EB named Angus! He is an absolute joy but I will admit that we often feel lost with all the questions we have about him and how best to care for him. There is an amazing amount of information here and such supportive people!! I know already that I will be changing his food ASAP as he has signs of allergies that I didn’t even know WERE allergies. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Hey there neighbour! Where in AB are you? Since you're in Canada especially AB where Orijen n Acana is from, stick to Acana. Start with the one protein bag so like that you can eliminate the protein if he has any allergies towards it. I have both on raw n Acana. Get yours off RC asap!. Nyala is 2yrs old no allergies as I did a bag a month and she's fine. Duke is 9months old him too so far all good. Doesn't mean your dog will have allergies either. I built Nyala's immune system as a pup on home cooking then gradually added Acana. But like mentioned both also on raw. Nice to have you on board! WELCOME! !!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi to Angus!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Well hello Angus!! Welcome to you both! You will find kind, knowledgeable, and VERY friendly people here! I survived Joey's puppy time because of the friends that I have here. You know what we love more than anything??? PHOTOS PLEASE :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!! Ask away -- any and all questions, someone here will be able to help

OP
Angusmama

Angusmama

Oct 25, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! We are in Parkland County - close to Edmonton - you?? I so appreciate the advice re: food choices. Our breeder recommended RC and we thought Gus was doing OK on it but after reading through some of the posts on allergies I wonder if some of the things we thought were normal (hair loss, runny eyes, tear stains, licking paws etc.) may actually be signs of allergies! We had a really great vet who went on mat leave shortly after Gus was neutered and the new vet is lovely but doesn’t have experience with EB. I have some questions regarding weight loss - do you think it would be better to start a new topic in a more appropriate section? This is all pretty new to me!! Thanks again for the warm welcome - I love what a great community this is!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! We are in Parkland County - close to Edmonton - you?? I so appreciate the advice re: food choices. Our breeder recommended RC and we thought Gus was doing OK on it but after reading through some of the posts on allergies I wonder if some of the things we thought were normal (hair loss, runny eyes, tear stains, licking paws etc.) may actually be signs of allergies! We had a really great vet who went on mat leave shortly after Gus was neutered and the new vet is lovely but doesn’t have experience with EB. I have some questions regarding weight loss - do you think it would be better to start a new topic in a more appropriate section? This is all pretty new to me!! Thanks again for the warm welcome - I love what a great community this is!!!
- - - Updated - - -
Thank you! :)

Im central Red Deer. All these issues Gus is having is from RC. Start a new thread under nutrition. You'll get more response. And you can also read in here. Tons on nutrition. But really get him off RC immediately.

Members online

No members online now.