Apr 22, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hiii,

I'm a mew member, please meet my english bulldog Hank 🐾

Screenshot_20220419-163810_Gallery.jpg

He doesn't have very big ropes is this normal? As all I see lately is big roped bullys, he is 17 weeks this week!

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Hank is handsome, I’m a fan!

I personally don’t like the super thick ropes as they tend to come with problems.

Did hank come with a registered bloodline with a particular kennel club? Anatess made an informative post recently about the breed-standard differences between some common ones:

OP
Hanksmum

Hanksmum

Apr 22, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hank is handsome, I’m a fan!

I personally don’t like the super thick ropes as they tend to come with problems.

Did hank come with a registered bloodline with a particular kennel club? Anatess made an informative post recently about the breed-standard differences between some common ones:
I have heard big ropes means its harder to breathe. He is KC registered I haven't really looked into it much to be honest. I think I'm more concerned with people asking me if he's a douge de bordeaux 😅 he's 100% a bulldog haha!

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I have heard big ropes means its harder to breathe. He is KC registered I haven't really looked into it much to be honest. I think I'm more concerned with people asking me if he's a douge de bordeaux 😅 he's 100% a bulldog
I don’t know much about breathing, the ebd I had as a child had a medium thick rope and we had a lot of trouble keeping it clean.

I would learn more about the kennel club standard that his bloodline is from so you can talk it up when people misbreedize him (I made a word up!). His chocolate nose and those pretty eyes are probably why people are confusing him.

OP
Hanksmum

Hanksmum

Apr 22, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Well give it sometime as they do change fast.
I think maybe when his
face fills out abit as I think his cheeks being less chunky is making him not quite look full bulldog?

OP
Hanksmum

Hanksmum

Apr 22, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I think he is gorgeous! Love his colouring.
Thank you! Do you think he looks full EBD? The small ropes and the skinny face is abit confusing. I've sent off for his 5 generation bloodline certificate ao I can have a look

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thank you! Do you think he looks full EBD? The small ropes and the skinny face is abit confusing. I've sent off for his 5 generation bloodline certificate ao I can have a look
It's hard to say. For being one breed, bulldogs can look so different from one another! I think you will have a better idea when he is mature. If he should have a little bit of something else mixed in, he will probably be a healthier dog, which is all good!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Too young to tell…bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes. And some breeders are known to fudge paperwork for the sake of $$$.
His color is great and his feet are enormous. I think he’s going to be an XXL!

Our Lala is very petite, kinda leggy, and really sweet. She’s way off from the Bulldog breed standard (show people would call her poorly bred and I would not disagree) but her temperament is the best we’ve ever experienced and given the choice to have another similar to her…I’d jump!

Train your pup, establish boundaries, spoil it, and love it all you can!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN…. Agree to young to tell, they don’t fully grow till about 18-24 months

Members online

No members online now.