OP
Winston Bartholomew

Winston Bartholomew

Jul 29, 2023
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston Bartholomew
Hello all, just joined this morning so finding my way around.

I have a 14 week old british/ old english bully boy who is now 15.3 kgs, he has a waist and can feel his ribs if I apply a little pressure on the rolls , I was wondering if this weight is common and also he has these little blister type lumps that have just appeared on his face around his eye, can anyone share their opinions on this please
Ange
Also I call kibble, biscuits or bickies 😊

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I'm in Australia, they get human grade mince and diced rump, kidney heart and liver, but if you can recommend the best raw dog foods for us Aussies that would be very helpful because I'm getting mixed opinions from others, we are off to the vets now for his needle so I'll have the vet look at those bumps on his face and repost when I know, again thankyou , its a GREAT comfort having you all here to help me give Winston the very best care 😊 😀

Here is some premade raw dog food brands(I think they both deliver it says in their websites?) they look like good quality from the info on the website.

And they are balanced so they can be fed without kibble and is good for puppies too!
Definitely rotate the proteins though to prevent new food allergies.

-RawK9

-Rogue Raw

OP
Winston Bartholomew

Winston Bartholomew

Jul 29, 2023
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston Bartholomew
Here is some premade raw dog food brands(I think they both deliver it says in their websites?) they look like good quality from the info on the website.

And they are balanced so they can be fed without kibble and is good for puppies too!
Definitely rotate the proteins though to prevent new food allergies.

-RawK9

-Rogue Raw
Thankyou I will look them up, vet said he is in good condition at 17.5kgs and believes the lumps, (without putting a needle in them) are either cysts or a small and non serious infection, so to keep an eye on them for now, but otherwise all healthy 🙏😊

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thankyou I will look them up, vet said he is in good condition at 17.5kgs and believes the lumps, (without putting a needle in them) are either cysts or a small and non serious infection, so to keep an eye on them for now, but otherwise all healthy 🙏😊

That’s good they are nothing serious, hopefully just cysts and sometimes if it’s allergy related the raw diet can sometimes improve them.
Maybe try soaking it in epsom salt water cause that can definitely help those cysts.

OP
Winston Bartholomew

Winston Bartholomew

Jul 29, 2023
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston Bartholomew
That’s good they are nothing serious, hopefully just cysts and sometimes if it’s allergy related the raw diet can sometimes improve them.
Maybe try soaking it in epsom salt water cause that can definitely help those cysts.
Oh great, I will try that, thankyou very much😊

Spanky

May 30, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Welcome !! My bully is also a Winston or Wintz for short lol along with a hundred other nick names!

OP
Winston Bartholomew

Winston Bartholomew

Jul 29, 2023
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston Bartholomew
Welcome !! My bully is also a Winston or Wintz for short lol along with a hundred other nick names!
Hahaha mine does too, he's just so cute, he gets all sorts of nicknames. I had to go with Winston because of that posh looking face, its simply adorable 😀

OP
Winston Bartholomew

Winston Bartholomew

Jul 29, 2023
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston Bartholomew
If you’re feeding a puppy raw, it must be appropriately balance for every meal. Once an adult, you can balance over time but a puppy needs a balanced meal to ensure it grows properly.
Thankyou, 😊