GAME: Have you ever?

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Professional no. College, High School and Junior league I have been to multiple.

HYE.... Done something stupid while camping?

We were hiking a trail to see a waterfall in the Pisgah National Forest and I tried to skillfully make my way down to a beautiful natural pool on a huge, slick rock wearing my "brand new" Hiking boots that were still pretty dang slick on the bottom. They were definitely NOT broken in yet, I stopped about waist deep in the very COLD water :facepalm2:. My friends that were with me still like to tell that story.

HYE... Picked up a Hitchhiker?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
We were hiking a trail to see a waterfall in the Pisgah National Forest and I tried to skillfully make my way down to a beautiful natural pool on a huge, slick rock wearing my "brand new" Hiking boots that were still pretty dang slick on the bottom. They were definitely NOT broken in yet, I stopped about waist deep in the very COLD water :facepalm2:. My friends that were with me still like to tell that story.

HYE... Picked up a Hitchhiker?

Only people I knew that I'd see walking somewhere. Not a stranger.

HYE fixed a flat tire by yourself

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yes, with a Plug Kit... and it held. I had watched my Grandfather do it numerous times. He was a professional Drag racer and AHRA record holder until early 70's, eventually opened his own Auto Repair Shop which he ran for almost 30 years.

HYE caught a fish that weighed more than 50 lbs ?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Yes, with a Plug Kit... and it held. I had watched my Grandfather do it numerous times. He was a professional Drag racer and AHRA record holder until early 70's, eventually opened his own Auto Repair Shop which he ran for almost 30 years.

HYE caught a fish that weighed more than 50 lbs ?
Ah, the one that got away…:fishing2:
no, not 50 lbs, but I did catch a good size fish once and it let go of the hook as I was reeling it in…I was on a bridge and was SO excited as I saw the size of it…my hook must not have been big enough 'cause the little bugger just opened it's mouth and splash…it was gone :mellow:

HYE had a mouse in your house

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, the one that got away…:fishing2:
no, not 50 lbs, but I did catch a good size fish once and it let go of the hook as I was reeling it in…I was on a bridge and was SO excited as I saw the size of it…my hook must not have been big enough 'cause the little bugger just opened it's mouth and splash…it was gone :mellow:

HYE had a mouse in your house

:eek: hell no .. thank goodness!!

HYE -- been in a boxing rink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
HYE -- been in a boxing rink

Ok, we have been stuck on this one a while so my experience may have to do. I have stood in a boxing ring; by myself in a small, empty coliseum, wanted to see what the floor felt like - it was a lot firmer than I thought. I was with my Uncle when I was teenager and we were looking at doing some repair work at the facility.

HYE... been Spearfishing?

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have eaten Rattlesnake, it was fried and spiced well with a Chili pepper blend. Not too bad, kind of reminded me of Gator :pot:

HYE... ridden in a Hot Air Balloon?

No I'm a big chicken but must admit they do look like fun.

HYE flown over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter?

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
No, but I would love to. I really like the Southwest (culture, history, food, people & scenery) in general. I have done a Helicopter tour on Hawai'i from Hilo, of live volcanoes and waterfalls and it was awesome - worth every dollar.

HYE... had an encounter with a dangerous or deadly animal (seriously)?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No, but I would love to. I really like the Southwest (culture, history, food, people & scenery) in general. I have done a Helicopter tour on Hawai'i from Hilo, of live volcanoes and waterfalls and it was awesome - worth every dollar.

HYE... had an encounter with a dangerous or deadly animal (seriously)?

Not that I know of... been a few snakes in my back yard, but I doubt they are deadly.

HYE... been stuck in an elevator?

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Oh my goodness yes, what made it worse was it took me on a wild ride first - like the Tower of Terror ride at the Disney parks. It was actually at a very nice but older Hilton Resort on the Hawaii trip I mentioned above.

Fortunately it was only 6 stories because it "dropped" me 4 stories :yell: , went back up, dropped me 2 more and finally stopped. It buckled my knees and left me very dizzy, (mostly thanks to my autoimmune disease that has permanently frigged up my balance and makes me dizzy regularly without such extreme help) and sitting flat on my bony rear. It gets hot and stuffy in there fast; I called from the phone in the box and they sent Engineering, it took about 20 minutes for them to get the doors open. The Manager on duty met me when I got out, something went haywire in a circuit board was the reason I was told.

He was very concerned about my condition :whew: and more than willing to make "things right". I got a credit equal to one night's stay and dinner at their best restaurant for our group comped, which was very nice as it was a beachside Seafood / Chophouse that featured everything farm to table or organic.

HYE... been stuck next to or near to an incredibly annoying / irritating person on a airplane flight?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my goodness yes, what made it worse was it took me on a wild ride first - like the Tower of Terror ride at the Disney parks. It was actually at a very nice but older Hilton Resort on the Hawaii trip I mentioned above.

Fortunately it was only 6 stories because it "dropped" me 4 stories :yell: , went back up, dropped me 2 more and finally stopped. It buckled my knees and left me very dizzy, (mostly thanks to my autoimmune disease that has permanently frigged up my balance and makes me dizzy regularly without such extreme help) and sitting flat on my bony rear. It gets hot and stuffy in there fast; I called from the phone in the box and they sent Engineering, it took about 20 minutes for them to get the doors open. The Manager on duty met me when I got out, something went haywire in a circuit board was the reason I was told.

He was very concerned about my condition :whew: and more than willing to make "things right". I got a credit equal to one night's stay and dinner at their best restaurant for our group comped, which was very nice as it was a beachside Seafood / Chophouse that featured everything farm to table or organic.

HYE... been stuck next to or near to an incredibly annoying / irritating person on a airplane flight?

OMG... I would have need CPR, I have great issue with elevators in general and take the step whenever possible. so NOT kidding.

Holy CRAP - yes, stuck in the middle seat on a flight back from Chicago, one guy snoring and the other guy (window seat) kept elbowing me and getting up to go to the bathroom. Then when we landed, the flight had to sit on tarmac for almost 2 hours and both of them were sniffling, clearing their throat and going throw backpacks... I was on the verge of tears.

HYE... been stuck on a highway for hour or more, not moving and no way off due to an accident or weather?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
OMG... I would have need CPR, I have great issue with elevators in general and take the step whenever possible. so NOT kidding.

Holy CRAP - yes, stuck in the middle seat on a flight back from Chicago, one guy snoring and the other guy (window seat) kept elbowing me and getting up to go to the bathroom. Then when we landed, the flight had to sit on tarmac for almost 2 hours and both of them were sniffling, clearing their throat and going throw backpacks... I was on the verge of tears.

HYE... been stuck on a highway for hour or more, not moving and no way off due to an accident or weather?

LOL, I'm not fond of escalators, but I can manage elevators. Airplane…UGH yes. GROSS - on my flight back from LA (redeye) last year (when Bass peed on my computer for leaving him :rolleyes:) I was seated in the middle seat. The man to my right STANK of nasty booze and could've used a bath! When he nodded off I put all three of our air vents on full blast pointed his way ;) it worked for a few hours, then he woke up and asked me to shut them off. It was the longest, grossest experience of my life…OH and I had to listen to his phone convo w/the cab driver he hooked up w/the night before :barf: this was an older than middle aged, more than over weight, no-filter etiquette challenged CREEP!
***anyhoo
YES :down: Not fun….I'd rather get out and run home:olympics:

HYE Found a hair (or bug) in your food from a restaurant

Members online

No members online now.