Fran is switching to kibble and is GASSY!

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
So I was feeding Fran Darwin’s raw. I had to switch her to dry food, mostly because of the cost. I bought Natures Logic kibble and started her on Duck & Salmon. I noticed she was getting a little more gassy each day. Yesterday, I felt like she was looking pink and had a few red spots so I thought must be a reaction to duck? Today I gave her Nature's Logic beef for all 3 meals. Yikes! She is pooping more and the gas is non stop! Is this because of the change from duck to beef? Or is this what life is like on kibble and not raw? 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
The brand could be too rich for her as not every brand works for every dog. Or if you switched cold turkey, it could just be an adjustment to the new diet. If you’re not already, you can give some probiotics. And sometimes kibble fed dogs will poop more than raw fed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes could be too rich for her, but if you did do a quick switch, as Citty suggested... probiotics or pure canned pumpkin to help settle the system.

OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Yes could be too rich for her, but if you did do a quick switch, as Citty suggested... probiotics or pure canned pumpkin to help settle the system.
Yes, I did give her pumpkin which seemed to help, thanks! I started searching for other raw food brands priced a little lower than Darwins. Currently looking at BJ’s…

going to try to keep her on raw if I can.

OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
The brand could be too rich for her as not every brand works for every dog. Or if you switched cold turkey, it could just be an adjustment to the new diet. If you’re not already, you can give some probiotics. And sometimes kibble fed dogs will poop more than raw fed.
Thanks. I introduced the duck slowly, but when I was worried over an allergy I did switch to Beef of the same brand cold Turkey.

Members online

No members online now.