foot bump

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
I just notice this bump in-between her foot pads. as it's Sunday I will have to wait until tomorrow to call the vet to make an appointment. But does this look like anything that is concerning?
IMG_2506.JPG

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This looks like a histiocytoma. They are fairly common in bullies. They are benign tumors. You could put apple cider vinegar on it, or it might be better to just leave it alone,as it's better if he doesn't lick it. It will just go away on it's own. They are not cancerous and usually don't need any treatment.

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
This looks like a histiocytoma. They are fairly common in bullies. They are benign tumors. You could put apple cider vinegar on it, or it might be better to just leave it alone,as it's better if he doesn't lick it. It will just go away on it's own. They are not cancerous and usually don't need any treatment.
Thank you, I know she has had them between her toes but Iā€™ve never seen it on the bottom of her foot between the pads. That confused me a little bit. I generally either leave them alone, or give her a little foot bath with iodine in it.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I just notice this bump in-between her foot pads. as it's Sunday I will have to wait until tomorrow to call the vet to make an appointment. But does this look like anything that is concerning?View attachment 124539

It could also be a interdigital cyst which usually is in between toes on paws.

If thatā€™s what it is, allergies is one of the causes.

Epsom salt paw soaks work well on the interdigital cysts.

I still would have a vet check it to confirm.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I agree that it looks like a histiocytoma. I would watch it for a few days and if it gets any worse, see your Vet.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Looks more like a histiocytoma than an interdigital cyst to me. If it gets bigger/worse, definitely a vet visit. I always like to have bumps and lumps looked at by the vet as you never know and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Spanky

May 30, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Yea my Dog Winston gets them all the time he has one thatā€™s very persistent we soak his paws twice a day in Epsin salt helps a lot we are told in his case has to do with his allergies

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep -- agree with the gang it is a hysto-thing :D histiocytoma

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
You guys were correct as usual. I took her to the vet just to be on the safe side and thatā€™s exactly what it was. Nothing to worry about.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Most likely, Vet stated, "hystio-thing" ;)
since it's not between the toes it cannot be an interdigital cyst(furuncle).

Members online

No members online now.