Pale gums and tongue and licking obsessively

honestheart

Dec 24, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Hi! We are new to being parents of an English bulldog. She is a year and half old. Her human passed from cancer 5 months ago and she became the most blessed addition to our world ever!!! She has been locking like crazy for week or so (she always licks but itā€™s been more) and Iā€™m noticing her gums and tongue are paler than usual. We have given her benadryl for the licking at night. She is still eating and acting as normal. She doesnā€™t seem to be drinking as much water as usual. Iā€™m looking for any advice, experience, help anything you can offer. Iā€™m at work at can take her to after hours vet when I get off but that will be hours from now and Iā€™m panicked in the meantime. She doesnā€™t have a regular vet in our area yet. Everything was up to date when we took her in and she is just now coming due for some things.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi! We are new to being parents of an English bulldog. She is a year and half old. Her human passed from cancer 5 months ago and she became the most blessed addition to our world ever!!! She has been locking like crazy for week or so (she always licks but itā€™s been more) and Iā€™m noticing her gums and tongue are paler than usual. We have given her benadryl for the licking at night. She is still eating and acting as normal. She doesnā€™t seem to be drinking as much water as usual. Iā€™m looking for any advice, experience, help anything you can offer. Iā€™m at work at can take her to after hours vet when I get off but that will be hours from now and Iā€™m panicked in the meantime. She doesnā€™t have a regular vet in our area yet. Everything was up to date when we took her in and she is just now coming due for some things.
Any update ?

Members online

No members online now.