English bulldogs stinky butt

ZoeTheBulldog

May 25, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoe
Hi! I'm new here and realize this thread is pretty old, but hoping I can get some help.

Our puppy is only 8 months old and is suffering from a pretty bad tail pocket infection. The vet managed to shave down her tail area and cleaned it out pretty well. She's on anti-biotics and a cream to help fight the infection.

Ever since we brought her home yesterday she can't take more than a few steps without stopping and sitting or trying to scratch her butt. Her discomfort seems so bad that she'll even wake up suddenly desperate to scratch and sometimes she'll even bark. I'm just wondering if there is anything we can do to help relieve the itchiness right away or is she just more aware of her tail area now that there's no fur there?

Any tips to relieve her discomfort would really help! Thank you!!!!

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Itā€™s still a little stinky but a lot less! Iā€™m just gonna keep doing it everyday and Iā€™m sure the stink will slowly go away. And it seems like he enjoyed it which Iā€™m very glad cuz I donā€™t wanna fight him just to clean his pocket haha :)

That's good he seems to enjoy it. Makes cleaning a whole lot easier. My boy does not hesitate to go into the bathroom when I ask him if he's got a "dirty butt". I'll say, "Give me that booty" and he'll roll over on his back with his legs up so I can clean his tail pocket. Funniest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Bulldogs are wonderful funny animals. What's not to love about them. And welcome on board. We're very glad to have you and the Goomba with us.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hi! I'm new here and realize this thread is pretty old, but hoping I can get some help.

Our puppy is only 8 months old and is suffering from a pretty bad tail pocket infection. The vet managed to shave down her tail area and cleaned it out pretty well. She's on anti-biotics and a cream to help fight the infection.

Ever since we brought her home yesterday she can't take more than a few steps without stopping and sitting or trying to scratch her butt. Her discomfort seems so bad that she'll even wake up suddenly desperate to scratch and sometimes she'll even bark. I'm just wondering if there is anything we can do to help relieve the itchiness right away or is she just more aware of her tail area now that there's no fur there?

I would start a new thread as this is such an old one. In the meantime, if she is still very uncomfortable, I would contact the vet and maybe he can give you a desensitizing cream to help her. Poor baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Agree with Pam ... call vet for a cream to help lessen the itch. We used to use a powder for our girl... Neo-poly-def, I think was the name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online