Elmo with no tear stains- look at that gorgeous face!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
[MENTION=9802]My Otis[/MENTION] Stain or no stain, Elmo is a cutie pie!

Btw, when you say water from the Refrigerator, you mean bottled water or water you put in the fridge to stay cold or the water coming out of the ice maker/water?

I am waiting on this too ;) I finally got hanks face 'white as snow' but!!!!!!!!!! I'm not all sure which thing I have done has 'fixed' it... I know that cleaning then desitin (desitin only some days a week) has been a biggie, but I'm wondering if the fridge filtering system has extra something that regular filtered water doesn't do

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I am waiting on this too ;) I finally got hanks face 'white as snow' but!!!!!!!!!! I'm not all sure which thing I have done has 'fixed' it... I know that cleaning then desitin (desitin only some days a week) has been a biggie, but I'm wondering if the fridge filtering system has extra something that regular filtered water doesn't do

I want to know too! I already give the boys bottled drinking water which helped when Jax started getting tear stains. But I want to do everything I can to keep Louie's face white. I'm so paranoid about it, I'm constantly wiping his face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I am just giving him water from the Refrigerator, just started this about 4 months ago, it has really made a huge difference in his eye stains, I do not know why I have not done this before now. Even under his tail pocket is clean, I just clean it every other day, and there is just a little stain on the wipes. Amazing. Thank You everyone for commenting on my Elmo Boy. And Lisa, Thank You So much for getting this picture up on EBN for me. We Love All Of You So Much, Love, Susan and Elmo

What a great job you are doing on Elmo.

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I'd like to know too. Gus has a dark face, so I don't worry too much, but I want to do all I can to keep him looking good & healthy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
ELMO... you LOOK amazing!!! What a beautiful boy you are... :drawheart:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
And we're NOT getting any younger! Hahahaha

Well got some cornstarch, will rub some on in a bit and remove it carefully. Breeder uses it once in a while. Hmmm just thinking, when I was there, not one had tear stains.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
And we're NOT getting any younger! Hahahaha

Well got some cornstarch, will rub some on in a bit and remove it carefully. Breeder uses it once in a while. Hmmm just thinking, when I was there, not one had tear stains.

Let me know how the corn starch goes. I asked my breeder what she used as they have white faces dogs as well and I didn't see any tear stains. She said she uses this for cleaning Erase Tear Stain Remover 4oz. I ordered some so we'll see what happens. I know the key is keeping their folds dry. I feel like I'm constantly wiping Louie's face and I use witch hazel once a day.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Let me know how the corn starch goes. I asked my breeder what she used as they have white faces dogs as well and I didn't see any tear stains. She said she uses this for cleaning Erase Tear Stain Remover 4oz. I ordered some so we'll see what happens. I know the key is keeping their folds dry. I feel like I'm constantly wiping Louie's face and I use witch hazel once a day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many years ago my breeder use to groom dogs for shows and she would use Bleue/Blue in the laundry aisle. Her dogs were like pure white. I think I mentioned that somewhere above. Boy that's how long we've been waiting :lmaoboy::lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

I also wipe n dry constantly both puppies.
Ok let's ask someone see if they can shed some light.... [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] can you read at least 5 post above see maybe you can answer the question about fridge water?? Cheers bella!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Many years ago my breeder use to groom dogs for shows and she would use Bleue/Blue in the laundry aisle. Her dogs were like pure white. I think I mentioned that somewhere above. Boy that's how long we've been waiting :lmaoboy::lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

I also wipe n dry constantly both puppies.
Ok let's ask someone see if they can shed some light.... [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] can you read at least 5 post above see maybe you can answer the question about fridge water?? Cheers bella!

I am interrupted that as being filtered water... our fridge comes with a built in filter we change every 6 mths

I've heard others have success with filtered water so that is why I think that is what she means

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am interrupted that as being filtered water... our fridge comes with a built in filter we change every 6 mths

I've heard others have success with filtered water so that is why I think that is what she means

So would bottled drinking water be the same or just as good as "filtered" water? I buy a couple gallons of "drinking water" each week for the dogs. I have read that distilled water is good for preventing tear stains but then have also read that distilled water is bad for them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So would bottled drinking water be the same or just as good as "filtered" water? I buy a couple gallons of "drinking water" each week for the dogs. I have read that distilled water is good for preventing tear stains but then have also read that distilled water is bad for them.

Can't remember anything about distilled water... but bottled spring water should work just like filter

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well thank you for the interpreted answer ;) that's what I would think as well, so will take it from there... on that 'erase' I cant seem to find ingredients but................... I did see this and looks like something I 'think' I might like...[(anyway, i added it here and then edited it because i cant see that it's comming up... I put into amazon 'tear stain remover' and theres one with lavandar and it looks like all natural stuff but you have to click on it to see that it is prime and all.... sorry, once again, i think im not being too clear but ...... .. havent tried it but Hanks is looking great these days, but sure want it to stay that way... spoiled now seeing it like this... (i used the 'e-cloth' to wipe clean each day... No chemacals just water, and dry. Getting the norwex this month ;) Loving e-cloth though, just figure i'll have both :)

Members online

No members online now.