Could peas or legumes be the problem?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
If it were me, I would take him to a Veterinary Dermatologist. Chumly had awful allergies. He was always red raw from scratching. He was tested in the UK at the local vet before we brought him here and all it showed was a few grasses. As soon as we got here (I made the appointment before we even arrived) I had him tested again. We found out he was allergic not only to grasses but wool, the cat and several other things. All environmental. Poor dog didn't stand a chance. We had wool carpet everywhere and two cats. We removed a lot (not the cats) and I gave him injections every week. It changed his life, and ours. He had the occasional flare-up from pollen, but he really was a different dog. This was several years ago and my beloved boy has passed on but it was the best move we ever made for him.

I totally agree, my French Bulldog sees a vet dermatologist and he started seeing them 1.5 years ago, and that was one of the best things I did for him, he is also on the allergy specific immunotherapy injections, he did the spring/summer formula for the injections, now we are gonna start his Fall/winter formula for injections, thatā€™s starting on the 7th(2 weeks from now).

He is allergic to cats(which we donā€™t have, but there is lots where we walk), grasses, trees, pollen, mold, dust, storage mites, human dander, bushes and weeds like dandelions, a fungus in wet grass, and he is allergic to his own yeast that live on his skinšŸ™ so since not everything fits into 1 formula, they are creating the second formula so fall/winter he doesnā€™t get skin infection either.

Thatā€™s natural extracts of what they are allergic to, not chemicals. Thatā€™s why I took him to the dermatologist cause Iā€™m not using chemicals on him or giving harmful medications like apoquel or cytopoint.

The other thing that made a HUGE difference for his allergies is the bovine colostrum powder supplement, that he has been on for 2 years and even before he seen the dermatologist, he was way better with his allergies.

Mason

Nov 2, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha
2 of mine get Open Farm with Ancient Grains kibble and do well on it. It is a Canadian brand. I personally donā€™t like to feed peas and legumes.
My girl is doing great with Open Farm also.

Attachments

• IMG_1530.jpeg
    IMG_1530.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 7

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
2 of mine get Open Farm with Ancient Grains kibble and do well on it. It is a Canadian brand. I personally donā€™t like to feed peas and legumes.
I thought it was made in Brainerd, Minnesota

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I thought it was made in Brainerd, Minnesota
From their website:

We are a Canadian company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. All of the work to develop, formulate and distribute our recipes happens here in Canada. Our manufacturing facility, located in Minnesota in the United States, to facilitate our local vegetable program and access to our audited and certified partner farms.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
From their website:

We are a Canadian company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. All of the work to develop, formulate and distribute our recipes happens here in Canada. Our manufacturing facility, located in Minnesota in the United States, to facilitate our local vegetable program and access to our audited and certified partner farms.
Is farmers dog food available in canada?

By skipping the stores, they skip those retail markups as well as the need for preservatives ā€“ the food is made fresh and delivered right to you without being stored for months on a shelf or in a freezer. The biggest downfall for Farmer's Dog? Unfortunately, Farmer's Dog isn't available in Canada yet.

I just found a few here in Alberta selling it. You would think would have more.

Members online

No members online now.