Cleo pees on anything with fabric

Cleothepotato

Sep 16, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo
Hi!
I have an adopted 4 year old EB who was a breeder release dog. She has been wonderful but has a bad habit of peeing on her beds and on the couch. She does have a hooded vulva that needs to be fixed, but she just also started Proin. For three weeks no accidents. Today I get a new couch and put a waterproof couch cover on and walk away to go to the restroom myself and she hopped up and peeā€™s on the cover. She has peed on multiple dog beds (I donā€™t let her on my bed). I told her no and kenneled her. I also took away her beds and started from the basics, but it seems that again, she is regressing. Any ideas? She is currently pouting now sheā€™s out and ignoring me.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
That is not uncommon with breeders dogs depending on the life they previously had. But yes, it sounds like you need to go back to basics with potty training and take away her beds and blankets which you have. How long have you had her? It can take quite awhile for her to adjust to her new life.

OP
Cleothepotato

Cleothepotato

Sep 16, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo
That is not uncommon with breeders dogs depending on the life they previously had. But yes, it sounds like you need to go back to basics with potty training and take away her beds and blankets which you have. How long have you had her? It can take quite awhile for her to adjust to her new life.
Iā€™ve had her about 5 months. 2 Fostering her, then adopted her and sheā€™s lived with me permanently 3 months. Sheā€™s so sweet in every other way, but this. She was kenneled continuously and treated horribly but somehow came with the sunniest disposition. Iā€™ll work on the basics with her and see if a rigid routine helps.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™ve had her about 5 months. 2 Fostering her, then adopted her and sheā€™s lived with me permanently 3 months. Sheā€™s so sweet in every other way, but this. She was kenneled continuously and treated horribly but somehow came with the sunniest disposition. Iā€™ll work on the basics with her and see if a rigid routine helps.
Thatā€™s the life I figured she had. So sad that not all people treat their dogs like family. It will take her awhile to get used to her new life so just be patient and consistent. Thank you for adopting her!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Citty... it will take her awhile to adjust and be re-trained. thank you so much for giving her a new loving home. Try to be patient, do potty every couple of hours and praise her like crazy when she goes

CornyXo

Feb 19, 2024
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
It's awesome that you've given Cleo a loving home. Patience is key during the adjustment period. On a side note, if you're ever feeling crafty, you could explore decoupage fabric for some personalized pet-friendly projects. Wishing you and Cleo all the best on this journey!

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A tasty treat when see pees outside wouldn't hurt. A regular schedule also! Think of her as a pup-as she never knew house living.

Members online

No members online now.