Puppy peeing in tiny spots on blankets/bedding

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Franny is about 15 weeks now. I THOUGHT potty training was going well but in the last day or 2 Iā€™ve noticed she will make tiny spots of pee on blankets and bedding, even shortly after coming in from going outside! Most recent example is we went out for a walk today, came in, and before getting cozy in her bed she peed just a little bit in it!..earlier today I put her on my bed and she did the same. A Little spot of pee. I changed the bedding, took her outā€¦and she did it again when we came back inside! šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Geez Iā€™d prefer she do it on the floor at least and not on the beds! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­
She was at the vet yesterday for her checkup and all was well, no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Franny is about 15 weeks now. I THOUGHT potty training was going well but in the last day or 2 Iā€™ve noticed she will make tiny spots of pee on blankets and bedding, even shortly after coming in from going outside! Most recent example is we went out for a walk today, came in, and before getting cozy in her bed she peed just a little bit in it!..earlier today I put her on my bed and she did the same. A Little spot of pee. I changed the bedding, took her outā€¦and she did it again when we came back inside! šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Geez Iā€™d prefer she do it on the floor at least and not on the beds! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­
She was at the vet yesterday for her checkup and all was well, no issues.
*could this be stress related? We have had workers in the house this week replacing the floors so we have definitely been living a little differently while the work is getting done.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Has she been checked for a UTI?

OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Has she been checked for a UTI?
Not specifically..we just went to the vet yesterday for her checkup and shots. They said all seemed well and I didnā€™t have any complaints to report. I didnā€™t really confirm my suspicion of her peeing until I saw it in action todayā€¦ the past few days I thought I had smelled it in her blanket but it was so faint I didnā€™t think she really didā€¦.šŸ¤” Iā€™ll keep an eye on it and maybe keep her out longer. as I think about it more, Usually she just pees one time, but maybe sheā€™s getting a little older and needs to go more than once when we go out.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If she has difficulty peeing outside...like assuming the position and hardly anything comes out then a UTI is likely. I would have her checked one way or another.
If no UTI, then she's marking. Remove all bedding from around the home and crate. Never let her on your bed again until she learns NOT to mark it...which may or may not happen. We've had a couple of our own dogs(and a few rescues) that would mark anything in their crate and had to stay in a bare crate all their life.
The only other option would be to diaper them but I recommend against that as it could create a breeding ground for UTIs.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Agree with possible uti, butā€¦

How little is the spot? Is it still happening if you wipe her right after you come inside?

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Tebow is 13 months old and still puts a little pee on his beds, usually in the corner of the bed. He's done it since I got him when he was 4 months old. It's almost like he's marking that bed as his, though he is the only dog in the house. (Maybe he smells his predecessor, Porkchop, who is long gone but used to potty in the house on the carpet.) I wash his beds, dry them, add those fragrance crystals to make it smell nice... And as soon as he gets in it, piddle! So now, I don't bother washing it every time he does that. I let him up on my bed a few times and he did the same! Just a little piddle. Well, no more Mom's bed for the boy. With my dog, I think it's a territorial thing.

OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
I agree with @Cbrugs she may have a UTI. Did you bring a sample when you were at vet? They should have checked-bring a sample.
Only a stool sample was taken inā€¦I dont think itā€™s a UTI, she pees outside just fine. Iā€™m starting to think that it was actually from stress. Last week we had workers in the house putting in new floors and there was lots of loud noiseā€¦ now that they are gone I think sheā€™s doing better. Not 100% housebroken, but less of what I was describing.

OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Agree with possible uti, butā€¦

How little is the spot? Is it still happening if you wipe her right after you come inside?
It was small, maybe a little larger than a quarter. I think it might have been stress from loud noises while our floors were being put in. She doesnā€™t seem to be doing it now that they are gone. šŸ¤žšŸ¼

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It was small, maybe a little larger than a quarter. I think it might have been stress from loud noises while our floors were being put in. She doesnā€™t seem to be doing it now that they are gone. šŸ¤žšŸ¼
good to hear you may have identified the issue, but keep watch and stay on schedule so she doesn't make it normal behavior