Canelo is having surgery tomorrow, Wed 2/21

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
There you go he's home and safe! That's a hell of a big cone. Did they ran out of smaller ones? Lol. Does he got in the kennel? Nice colour thought . Hehe

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

When I saw the cone I questioned it and they said it was the appropriate size. He and I spent a lot of time negotiating that monster. At one point he wouldnā€™t leave the entry way, he just stood there. I worried heā€™d rub his eyes, he gets crazy with itches. I just fed him, let him out to do his bizz and went out with him to make sure he didnā€™t rub, he didnā€™t but that is my major worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When I saw the cone I questioned it and they said it was the appropriate size. He and I spent a lot of time negotiating that monster. At one point he wouldnā€™t leave the entry way, he just stood there. I worried heā€™d rub his eyes, he gets crazy with itches. I just fed him, let him out to do his bizz and went out with him to make sure he didnā€™t rub, he didnā€™t but that is my major worry.

When Nyala had surgery for her cherry eye, her cone was that white plastic cone. But never that size. I presume from the looks of his satellite its flexible correct? How was he doing when he ate his supper? Boils down it's for his safety and it's just for a question of time. He won't have it on that long.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It's so hard on US.. the hard part for me was keeping him on a rope when i took him out as he 'fence runs' with the neighbor dog through bushes and thats a no no...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It's so hard on US.. the hard part for me was keeping him on a rope when i took him out as he 'fence runs' with the neighbor dog through bushes and thats a no no...

Nyala hated it on n purposely would ram into walls, in the garden n best part she used it as a shovel and ram it in the veggie garden to dig earth. Of course a few times she got earth in her eye. :facepalm2: had to banned from the veggie garden. Lol

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Nyala hated it on n purposely would ram into walls, in the garden n best part she used it as a shovel and ram it in the veggie garden to dig earth. Of course a few times she got earth in her eye. :facepalm2: had to banned from the veggie garden. Lol

LOL! Our boy did that too and the edges of the cone on the bottom would get so nasty, I had to clean it everytime he went outside because it was vinyl! I was so worried fe was going to get dirt in his eyes when he'd do that! I was too scared to remove his cone for any length of time, hence the the yucky rash he got on his neck under the comfy cone. I felt bad about that but a spray from the vet healed it right up and they said they'd seen it before, I didn't even have to bring him back in to get it.

Canelo looks like a beautiful blueberry! Poor baby, glad he's home and ok! Our poor boy had tops and bottoms of BOTH eyes done and looked Frankensteiny. Sadly, even after all of that, he still got teary goopy eyes from allergies. :(The vet thought that surgery would have helped but it didn't. I hope Canelo's eyes do better than ours did! You are a good mommy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Surgery update! My Chunky Man is home. I work from home and it was so quiet, no all day snoring and I hated the quiet. I was a horrible bully mom, they walked him to the waiting area and I burst out laughing at my huge, blue flower lol! He did good on the ride home, but walking him in the house had some bumps, literally. He walked in to my truck tire, then the corner of the garage followed by the bench. He was disoriented and I had to physically push him away from objects. I moved his kennel into the livingroom, fluffed itvup, took his cone off and put him in his kennel where he is sleeping.

Looks like heā€™s going to spend a lot of time in the kennel while he heals. Once he settles I share some pics and experiences with his recovery since others on the blog are looking at going thru this same procedure.

For now here is a pick of my blue flower after I got him in the truck. If you look at his eyes, youā€™ll see mucus from low tear production. The surgery was on the lower lids and the vet did an amazing job on the stitching.

Iā€™m so happy heā€™s home!
cac06c0446372c8011c5ffc6d80ea2dc.jpg

BLUE FLOWER!!! Lol lol lol. Happy he is home and prayers for a quick and successful recovery

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO glad he's home and doing well... those darn cones... LMAO!!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I somehow missed this thread...sorry Canello. Now that I'm all caught up...he'll be just fine. Keep the come on until Doc says otherwise. His eyes may look a "a little" worse on day 1 or 2 after surgery but rapid improvement should follow. In time you will notice that dull looking eyes will be replaced with sparkling clear corneas, and less eye goop, tears, etc. He's going to be much happier, feel better, see better.
GL big boy!

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
This morning Nelo is doing good. No need for a collar today. Unfortunately Lola my pug canā€™t be alone with him since is really wanting to lick his face. Right now Lola is in her kennel so Nelo can have some out time and he went back to chill in his kennel. Here he is relaxing.

3dc6023044644983bb31c04849d4ddd6.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This morning Nelo is doing good. No need for a collar today. Unfortunately Lola my pug canā€™t be alone with him since is really wanting to lick his face. Right now Lola is in her kennel so Nelo can have some out time and he went back to chill in his kennel. Here he is relaxing.

great news.... speedy recovery buddy!

LJJ86

Feb 4, 2018
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper

Haha that's amazing ... Jasper had a horrible hard white plastic cone after his cherry eye/nares surgery and he used it as a scoop to shovel food from the bowl directly into his mouth :D

That and using it to attempt to slice my achilles tendon as he rammed the edge of it into the back of my legs whilst running past at warp speed about 100 times a day....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Haha that's amazing ... Jasper had a horrible hard white plastic cone after his cherry eye/nares surgery and he used it as a scoop to shovel food from the bowl directly into his mouth :D

That and using it to attempt to slice my achilles tendon as he rammed the edge of it into the back of my legs whilst running past at warp speed about 100 times a day....

:lmaogirl:That is what my experience was! Also scooped up water from the water bowl!! had bruises on the backs of my calves!! The cone didn't seem to bother them,once they learned to navigate!!

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo

I have been wondering if Canelo would figure out how to use the cone as a shovel, lol! That is hilarious Jasper did!

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Iā€™m really impressed with how well he is doing. Yesterday he was out of his kennel so Lola went in his kennel. At bedtime I had been kenneling him to keep Lola away from his face, she wants to lick and clean his eyes. Instead of fighting with them to switcharoo, I closed the kennel and let her sleep in it. Canelo slept in a bed next to mine.

The bed thief, lol.

9b081a5c520692d95b651211f892737c.jpg

Members online

No members online now.