Appreciate any insights!!

juncotton27

Sep 4, 2023
Austin, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
hello everyone, I'm a new dog owner and joining here somewhat helps me with my dog, he's George. just wanted to ask for insights and answers for a quite few things. what do you guys think is the best training approach for an English Bulldog, considering their unique temperament and personality? can you guys share some essential tips and advice to ensure a happy and healthy life hehe just wanted to make the most of my George!!

Luna bulldog

Jul 24, 2023
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
the best for training is being patient, consistent, and also praise and reward and make sure all adults in your home follow same rules.

the main thing to help him have a long healthy life is to feed premium dog food, Raw diet is best but i know itā€™s not for everyone. when raw is not a option for me If we go camping itā€™s Natures Logic kibble is what I feed. Thatā€™s a really premium kibble and itā€™s the best to prevent yeast issues and allergies. itā€™s greatly beneficial to rotate proteins to prevent new food allergies(which really suck to deal with). my dogs love the Sardine formula in Natures logic and I really like how itā€™s synthetic free and whole food based and they add probiotics in it for maximum benefit. This is actually the only kibble I will feed when raw is not a option for my Bulldog.

what do you feed your dog? thatā€™s the first step to a healthy dog is healthy food.
Which means happier healthy dog and less $$$ spent in vet bill.

also itā€™s good to avoid unnecessary vaccines(anything other than the puppy shots) and avoid medications steroids and flea tick heartworm prevention cause itā€™s chemicals.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
WEL
hello everyone, I'm a new dog owner and joining here somewhat helps me with my dog, he's George. just wanted to ask for insights and answers for a quite few things. what do you guys think is the best training approach for an English Bulldog, considering their unique temperament and personality? can you guys share some essential tips and advice to ensure a happy and healthy life hehe just wanted to make the most of my George!!
WELCOME TO EBN

We are having some sort of same discussion on another thread. This might help youā€¦ā€¦.

the thread

OP
J

juncotton27

Sep 4, 2023
Austin, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
the best for training is being patient, consistent, and also praise and reward and make sure all adults in your home follow same rules.

the main thing to help him have a long healthy life is to feed premium dog food, Raw diet is best but i know itā€™s not for everyone. when raw is not a option for me If we go camping itā€™s Natures Logic kibble is what I feed. Thatā€™s a really premium kibble and itā€™s the best to prevent yeast issues and allergies. itā€™s greatly beneficial to rotate proteins to prevent new food allergies(which really suck to deal with). my dogs love the Sardine formula in Natures logic and I really like how itā€™s synthetic free and whole food based and they add probiotics in it for maximum benefit. This is actually the only kibble I will feed when raw is not a option for my Bulldog.

what do you feed your dog? thatā€™s the first step to a healthy dog is healthy food.
Which means happier healthy dog and less $$$ spent in vet bill.

also itā€™s good to avoid unnecessary vaccines(anything other than the puppy shots) and avoid medications steroids and flea tick heartworm prevention cause itā€™s chemicals.

i saw a lot of videos on t*ktok about raw foods are mainly good for dogs. anyways, we've been feeding my George mostly protein and carbohydrates. do you recommend giving them dietary supplements???

OP
J

juncotton27

Sep 4, 2023
Austin, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
WEL

WELCOME TO EBN

We are having some sort of same discussion on another thread. This might help youā€¦ā€¦.

the thread

ohh great!! thank you for these, helsonwheels!!

Luna bulldog

Jul 24, 2023
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
i saw a lot of videos on t*ktok about raw foods are mainly good for dogs. anyways, we've been feeding my George mostly protein and carbohydrates. do you recommend giving them dietary supplements???

Can you attach a photo of the bag as I canā€™t seem to find anything on the food brand you are feeding?

If your open to feeding raw diet, that is best, but if you are feeding kibble, feed the highest quality you can, and yes I recommend supplement for kibble,
Probiotics(I use Four leaf Rover), freeze dried or fresh raw organs, or premium canned food or some freeze dried raw are all good toppers to add to kibble, same with probiotics and bone broth. Berries and greens with broccoli sprouts are also really good superfoods for any diet.