Anyone else have issues with Seresto flea/tick collars?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Do you give [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] probiotics? It may help his digestion.......

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I cut back a 1/4 cup then 1/2 a cup and there was still no improvement. It seems like the closer to the bottom of the bag I get the worse his bowels get and then they somewhat clear up with a new bag. I keep his food inside in a sealable container also. The last bag was ordered from Chewy and I wondered if it wasn't as fresh as what I would pick up locally and that being why he has had an issue though the entire bag.

Like I mentioned before Chunky is the first of any dog that my family has owned that eats high end dog food and the only one to continuously have bowel issues from the time he was a pup until now. The rest have been on Pedigree, purina, etc. My first bulldog ate Kibbles and Bits then Gravy Train and would refuse any other food after having Gravy Train unless it was table scraps. Chunky has never ate table scraps and has the weakest system ever

Had Duke over a month now and he still has loose stools. 2nd bag of Acana puppy n nothing solid. He was on 3 cups a day ans just over a weekish hes been on 2 cups a day. He's always hungry. Tomorrow he's going to start sauerkraut.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Do you give [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] probiotics? It may help his digestion.......

No I don't anymore. I eliminated everything but dog food and ACV after he had Cystine Stones and haven't reintroduced anything yet.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I cut back a 1/4 cup then 1/2 a cup and there was still no improvement. It seems like the closer to the bottom of the bag I get the worse his bowels get and then they somewhat clear up with a new bag. I keep his food inside in a sealable container also. The last bag was ordered from Chewy and I wondered if it wasn't as fresh as what I would pick up locally and that being why he has had an issue though the entire bag.

Like I mentioned before Chunky is the first of any dog that my family has owned that eats high end dog food and the only one to continuously have bowel issues from the time he was a pup until now. The rest have been on Pedigree, purina, etc. My first bulldog ate Kibbles and Bits then Gravy Train and would refuse any other food after having Gravy Train unless it was table scraps. Chunky has never ate table scraps and has the weakest system ever

Well darn......
I was so happy that the over feeding was the problem after hearing all of the issus English Bulldogs are known for (like I said Bella is my first) hoping she won't have:get any! Like I said she isn't even gassy AT ALL. I know because she sleeps in bed (under the covers most of the time) with me every night, the little spoiled turd! Lol
I hope you get it figured out soon! He is such a handsome boy!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No I don't anymore. I eliminated everything but dog food and ACV after he had Cystine Stones and haven't reintroduced anything yet.

Our first bulldog, Nitschke was like Chunky... only stopped after i placed him on raw--- he had good poo from then on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Our first bulldog, Nitschke was like Chunky... only stopped after i placed him on raw--- he had good poo from then on out.

Nitschke... what a beautiful name!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke... what a beautiful name!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thank you... he was a beautiful boy-- sweetest dog ever.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Switching him to KANGAROO FORMULA (DRY) | Zignature will see how his bowels do. I am kind of sad now when I think of him eating kangaroo but thats better than Venison since I don't want him attacking the deer in the neighborhood but what they heck I have given him venison marrow bones in the past

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Switching him to KANGAROO FORMULA (DRY) | Zignature will see how his bowels do. I am kind of sad now when I think of him eating kangaroo but thats better than Venison since I don't want him attacking the deer in the neighborhood but what they heck I have given him venison marrow bones in the past

oh boy,,, I'm with you on the kangaroo ... I got hank some goat and I LOVE goats so I was glad he didn't favor it... Hey, I cant remember which post I just read this on but did you see https://www.olewousa.com/default.aspx about this???? something I hadn't read b4 and was real interesting... I wish I could remember who uses it but will add name for credit when I do ;) ok ... it is on the 'members only' board and Diarrhea post... the very end cefe13 :) check it out..

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

I feel ya! Jax sometimes eats rabbits so whenever I see a rabbit I think ohhhhh. But we have to do what works for our babies!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
oh boy,,, I'm with you on the kangaroo ... I got hank some goat and I LOVE goats so I was glad he didn't favor it... Hey, I cant remember which post I just read this on but did you see https://www.olewousa.com/default.aspx about this???? something I hadn't read b4 and was real interesting... I wish I could remember who uses it but will add name for credit when I do ;) ok ... it is on the 'members only' board and Diarrhea post... the very end cefe13 :) check it out..

I was half way home and thought about an episode of Jimmy Fallon I just watched where Robert Irwin brought a baby kangaroo and instantly started feeling depressed. LOL

PETA will probably kick in my doors later

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I checked out that website.It's true that unless you grind up or shred vegetables that dogs won't digest them, but most dog foods already have ground up vegetables. The site says that adding their dehydrated carrots or red beets will cure dog itchiness and diarrhea. I wish it were that easy. :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was half way home and thought about an episode of Jimmy Fallon I just watched where Robert Irwin brought a baby kangaroo and instantly started feeling depressed. LOL

oh my heart I'm laughing with small tears as well... I hate thinking of what goes into foods (didn't eat meat for almost 40 years because of it) but feed I will, and meat it will be, we just have to hope that this God given food was processed w/o ................. oh geesh, I'm going to quit now as my dog will never eat again if I don't hush!!! hopin PETA isn't reading!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

You know, I wish they would sell some here as steak as I would eat it. Nothing wrong with Kangaroo meat.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
You know, I wish they would sell some here as steak as I would eat it. Nothing wrong with Kangaroo meat.

I would probably try it if it was available here but have never heard of anyone eating Kangaroo. I guess I am just use to the regular meats and seafood.

Members online

No members online now.