Anyone else have issues with Seresto flea/tick collars?

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I seriously don't know what to do about the flea/tick issue... my lawn care gave me a flyer that they are now treating yards for fleas/ticks. I may have to do some research on it.

My yard was sprayed for insects by the lawn care guy about two months ago and he did the same last year. I have never seen any fleas or ticks on Chunky but wanted to use some kind of preventive since he is walked all over the neighborhood and around the woods and lake. Lawn Doctor is who does my yard and I am not sure if they are in your area or not. They are like Scotts, TruGreen and just treat for weeds and all the other stuff except mowing

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm sure as with anything else, different dogs are going to react differently to different things... We're going on a big fishing trip soon and so I know I'm going to have to do something to ward off critters so hope I can make a decision by then :/

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My yard was sprayed for insects by the lawn care guy about two months ago and he did the same last year. I have never seen any fleas or ticks on Chunky but wanted to use some kind of preventive since he is walked all over the neighborhood and around the woods and lake. Lawn Doctor is who does my yard and I am not sure if they are in your area or not. They are like Scotts, TruGreen and just treat for weeds and all the other stuff except mowing

We also use Lawn Doctor, and just signed a contract w/them this year... did Chunky have a reaction to the yard spray?

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
We also use Lawn Doctor, and just signed a contract w/them this year... did Chunky have a reaction to the yard spray?

No he has never had any issues with the spray or the pellets they put down. I keep him off the yard until the spray has dried or the pellets have been watered in and the grass dry. This is what was recommended by the Lawn Doctor guy and I haven't noticed any issues yet with Chunky around the times the yard is treated.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I think Bravecto is very similar to the Nexgard, except lasts 2-3 months instead of just 1 month. The problem with both of them is that the flea or tick has to bite your dog in order to get killed, so your dog can get still get an allergic reaction. The bad ones for side effects were the products with spinosad- Trifexis and Comfortis.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I am taking him to the vet at 11:30 and will see what they say and recommend.

Its crazy how the other bulldog that I fed dog food from Walmart and put the flea/tick drops on her neck never had any issues but the one that I try feeding great food and thought I was doing a healthier alternative to the drops has issues regularly. Chunky is my favorite dog yet though

I have always fed my dogs food that wasn't the cheapest ( definatly not the most expensive ) and have had no issues with any health problems.
My sister in law insists on Origen for her dogs and most of them have some issue either seizures or some other reason they has them to go to the vet. Most on some type of RX for some reason or another.
I have Bella on the Nutra Max Puppy and she has no issues. Not even any gas ! Lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have always fed my dogs food that wasn't the cheapest ( definatly not the most expensive ) and have had no issues with any health problems.
My sister in law insists on Origen for her dogs and most of them have some issue either seizures or some other reason they has them to go to the vet. Most on some type of RX for some reason or another.
I have Bella on the Nutra Max Puppy and she has no issues. Not even any gas ! Lol

YES!! I mean, I've been interested in food intake as long as I can remember, so I'm always conscious as to what goes into my dogs as well. Partly, it's fun to me. I once talked to a knowledgeable fella at the dog health food store and after agreeing with me on 'brands' that I was choosing (he was good at not condemning) ,,, he also suggested that I feel free to switch things up and not get 'devoted' or 'loyal' to one brand as there are many out there. This also made me happy as I agree with that as well..(;ha! mabie he just agreed with anything lol) I do know these guys are a bit 'different' but I think many 'pure' breeds are that way so it seems that IF I keep track of what I feed so if something goes 'off' and I can correct, that this guy of mine is doing quite well with all the different foods I'm throwing at him. Same as what chunkyWhites dad was saying.... we are mabie making them so sensitive by over protecting??? I also talked to a guy who was walking his EBD in some heat that I thought may be too warm... We had a nice chat about that.. They treated him (he was gorgeous and very in shape) as more a dog than a BD and that's what he became... who knows, We all are doing the best, searching out how to make their lives all good.. WheW!! I musta slept good,,, brains goen like a sonOFaGun...

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
YES!! I mean, I've been interested in food intake as long as I can remember, so I'm always conscious as to what goes into my dogs as well. Partly, it's fun to me. I once talked to a knowledgeable fella at the dog health food store and after agreeing with me on 'brands' that I was choosing (he was good at not condemning) ,,, he also suggested that I feel free to switch things up and not get 'devoted' or 'loyal' to one brand as there are many out there. This also made me happy as I agree with that as well..(;ha! mabie he just agreed with anything lol) I do know these guys are a bit 'different' but I think many 'pure' breeds are that way so it seems that IF I keep track of what I feed so if something goes 'off' and I can correct, that this guy of mine is doing quite well with all the different foods I'm throwing at him. Same as what chunkyWhites dad was saying.... we are mabie making them so sensitive by over protecting??? I also talked to a guy who was walking his EBD in some heat that I thought may be too warm... We had a nice chat about that.. They treated him (he was gorgeous and very in shape) as more a dog than a BD and that's what he became... who knows, We all are doing the best, searching out how to make their lives all good.. WheW!! I musta slept good,,, brains goen like a sonOFaGun...

Lol....
I am hoping for, and so far have, very funny, loving and very active puppy ! And that is what we have (well so far anyway)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have never hear orijen or any quality dog food giving seizures. Neurologic issues for sure. Food Eeeeeeeh

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have never hear orijen or any quality dog food giving seizures. Neurologic issues for sure. Food Eeeeeeeh

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I wasnt insinuating the food caused seizures!
Her dogs always had some health issues. Mine (knock on wood) never have had any health issues. Not one!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I wasnt insinuating the food caused seizures!
Her dogs always had some health issues. Mine (knock on wood) never have had any health issues. Not one!!

Oh sorry about that. I was at Costco getting my tires changed and was killing time reading.
Should bring my glasses next time lolllll

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh sorry about that. I was at Costco getting my tires changed and was killing time reading.
Should bring my glasses next time lolllll

I just want to clarify!!
Lol.....
She always kinda of tried to make me feel bad about to food I fed my dogs. lol meanwhile her dogs had some issue and mine have always been healthy.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I just want to clarify!!
Lol.....
She always kinda of tried to make me feel bad about to food I fed my dogs. lol meanwhile her dogs had some issue and mine have always been healthy.

This is why I really want to try store bought food to see how he does. I am going friday or saturday to buy more food and might switch it up to see how he does. His bowels still aren't great. He still has 1 loose stool per day that I notice in the afternoon but his morning one is normal. The neighbor commented that it was loose again also and he usually goes 2-3 times per day

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is why I really want to try store bought food to see how he does. I am going friday or saturday to buy more food and might switch it up to see how he does. His bowels still aren't great. He still has 1 loose stool per day that I notice in the afternoon but his morning one is normal. The neighbor commented that it was loose again also and he usually goes 2-3 times per day

Bella had that problem when she was younger but i figured out I was feeding her too much. So she couldn't properly digest it. She would start the day with a firm stool but then they would become soft then runny. I read somewhere about the over feeding and that did the trick. She used to eat so fast I thought she needed more food. Lol
As soon as I cut down the amount she was fine!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Bella had that problem when she was younger but i figured out I was feeding her too much. So she couldn't properly digest it. She would start the day with a firm stool but then they would become soft then runny. I read somewhere about the over feeding and that did the trick. She used to eat so fast I thought she needed more food. Lol
As soon as I cut down the amount she was fine!

I cut back a 1/4 cup then 1/2 a cup and there was still no improvement. It seems like the closer to the bottom of the bag I get the worse his bowels get and then they somewhat clear up with a new bag. I keep his food inside in a sealable container also. The last bag was ordered from Chewy and I wondered if it wasn't as fresh as what I would pick up locally and that being why he has had an issue though the entire bag.

Like I mentioned before Chunky is the first of any dog that my family has owned that eats high end dog food and the only one to continuously have bowel issues from the time he was a pup until now. The rest have been on Pedigree, purina, etc. My first bulldog ate Kibbles and Bits then Gravy Train and would refuse any other food after having Gravy Train unless it was table scraps. Chunky has never ate table scraps and has the weakest system ever

Members online

No members online now.