Anyone else have issues with Seresto flea/tick collars?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am interested in others reactions to the Seresto flea/tick collar also. I used it all last season on my Barney (Beagle/lab mix) with great results. Here in Arkansas tick fever is prevalent. With the oral medication, I would find dead ticks attached to my dog, which is the function of the med, tick bites, tick dies. However it is my understanding that tick fever (ehrlichiosis) is transmitted in the initial bite. The collar repeled ticks and fleas. After an initial period of a week, give or take, I never had a tick on Barney. I kept the collar on all summer and into fall. We live on a lake and Barney was a wader yet the collar was still effective.
I am a new bulldog owner, never even thought of having one (Barney was my exception in a long long line of Dobermans), found my little guy in the middle of the National Forest, ( I am talking MIDDLE OF NOWHERE) 2 months after losing my Barney to old age (16).
Being a firm believer that the incidence of cancer in dogs has risen proportionately to the use of oral flea/tick medications, I am very reluctant to try oral meds. I am hoping the collar works well as I've pulled several ticks off Otis already, including the dozen or so he came with.
And what a Bulldog fan I've become !!

Like most knows I do a lot of essential oil...This is what I use on both of my dogs

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Get a spray bottle and .......Shake shake shake very well so all mixes well.

Also add lavender on the outside of collar!!! I go often in the Rockies n there are ticks in the mountains. I only use this mix when I walk them around. Winter no need here as it’s too cold.

Keep this link on hand if you do oils. And if you’re not sure just ask away.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Or.......this is also a keeper guys!!!

DIY Natural Flea & Tick Spray - Natural Pest Control For Dogs - The Hippy Homemaker

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You are lucky there is very little lyme disease in Alberta!!

Members online

No members online now.