Bald spots

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1190]Bacon[/MENTION] hmmm nope, no smell to them. its wierd, the skin turns like black... then the hair starts to grow back... and they disapear?

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
sorry for double post but, [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] that nu stock stuff looks amazing.. Let us know how it works! it seems to work fast!

relayer13

Sep 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tater
Tater.jpg

I just noticed 2 of these spots yesterday on Tater. One on his neck and this one a little farther down his back. He did just have a bath a couple days prior but hasn't had reactions in the past. He eats Blue Buffalo Wilderness but has been since he was brought home, he'll be 9 months old next week.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
My Rampage gets periodic bald spots, the vet here has attributed them to his seasonal allergies. Poor baby is allergic to grass so if he goes outside and rolls around and I don't get him rubbed down well enough with warm water or spray shampoo, he gets a few bald spots. The skin gets dry first and then the hair will fall out. I've found that fish oil added to his food seems to help quite a bit as does keeping him on antihistamine during the trouble allergy periods of the year. This year it's been so bad that I'm having all of the Russian Olive trees in my yard cut down as his reverse sneezing has been out of control.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 40087

I just noticed 2 of these spots yesterday on Tater. One on his neck and this one a little farther down his back. He did just have a bath a couple days prior but hasn't had reactions in the past. He eats Blue Buffalo Wilderness but has been since he was brought home, he'll be 9 months old next week.
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's hard to tell from the pictures, is it scaly or smelly? raw or dry? how often are you shampooing?

relayer13

Sep 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tater
It is dry, he gets shampooed about once a month with a oatmeal and aloe shampoo. I spoke to the vet, she said keep an eye on it for a week and if it doesn't get better to bring him in.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oatmeal and Aloe are for itch's, and Personally, I don't care for them. I'd rather use a antibacterial wash and rinse. The final rinse of 1 gallon with 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar. Leave it on and don't rinse off. Not saying this will cure the two spots that are hairless, but it might. And it will make the skin clean and ph balanced.

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
he might be allergic His food, major is dealing with it too . is it dry and flakes? and some are red?
20130316_201245_zpsaa775d47.jpg

I'm giving major "vitamins" and put him on antibiotics and steroid pills. he's looking better. and I already ordered new food , this is the 4x of switching foods. :(

Members online

No members online now.