Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
@Sheena how is Daisy now hun? Xxx

She still has them. Its not every day but its still frequent... And it just breaks my heart. Ive been doing what ever one says and just try to distract her with a treat or call her name and have her follow me. It helps at the time. But she will still have them :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She still has them. Its not every day but its still frequent... And it just breaks my heart. Ive been doing what ever one says and just try to distract her with a treat or call her name and have her follow me. It helps at the time. But she will still have them :(

have been able to identify a trigger? Some have a trigger but not all..... Banks is stress and Nitschke's were when his allergies were really bad

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Oh nooo. I don't have any experience with them but I want to offer my support too. That would be hard to watch & I can't imagine you could get used to it.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
have been able to identify a trigger? Some have a trigger but not all..... Banks is stress and Nitschke's were when his allergies were really bad

Not that Ive noticed. She is not stressed out by any means.. Ive been home for the last three days so shes happy as a lark. And the allergies, I dont think so... shes not showing any signs... Well unless excessive shedding is one... Its crazy.. She should not have hair left... but shes as thick as ever lol!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not that Ive noticed. She is not stressed out by any means.. Ive been home for the last three days so shes happy as a lark. And the allergies, I dont think so... shes not showing any signs... Well unless excessive shedding is one... Its crazy.. She should not have hair left... but shes as thick as ever lol!

She is probably blowing her coat... Normally happens twice a year. Do you have a Kong Zoom Groom? They work great, but use it in an area that you can easy clean up or outside. When I use for Banks it is like a snow storm.

thing with the tremors is, they are for unknown reasons, but keep a journal or mRk the calendar.... You MIGHT be able to get some understanding as to why or when, but you can not stop or prevent... Just address when it happens

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry to hear that hun x
Christine have a good idea to keep a record of it -you can keep a track of frequency too xx

With shedding i use rubber horse brush -for years now
i suppose is the same thing like groom zoom ;-)

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Agnes gets head tremors once in a while. They have become more infrequent lately. She tends to get them either when she is very tired or when she is already sleeping. I usually say her name and wake her up for a second to snap her out of it. The first time it happened i was terrified but then i got on here and read all about them. I also called my vet who identified it right away based on what i said and they confirmed everything i read on here- harmless, unexplained, and very common in the breed. They still make me feel uneasy but I try to think about how they are harmless.

Staff online

Members online