Horrible breath.

Danimdecker

Jan 9, 2024
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy and Oliver
So a week ago my 5 month old boy still had remnants of puppy breath. He had an upper respiratory infection and was given antibiotics and steroids sheā€™s still on the steroids. His breath now smells like something died in his mouth. I can smell just being near him. Itā€™s atrocious. I called the vet to see if the meds could cause breath issues and she said no. The only other thing I can think of is the bladder supplement I started to help strengthen his bladder. Ingredients in pic. Does anyone have ideas as to what could cause it and how to fix it? One of other doffs eats poop daily and his breath isnā€™t even close to this little guys.
IMG_1189.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Donā€™t give that. Thereā€™s soy in it, molassesā€™s, natural flavour (=chemicals) Your vet should have told you antibiotics and steroids will destroy any gut flora of a dog n even humans. Build it back up with fermented foods. Sauerkraut in the fridge sections, goats milk, kerfir, raw livers as a topper etcā€¦..šŸ‘

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Heleneā€¦.. gut needs some probiotics

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.