Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Zyrtec dosage?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Zyrtec dosage?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to having an EB so I'm in a learning curve here. Sullivan is going on 6 months old and is a very healthy 30 pounds, is neutered and had a soft palet reduction done. He is very active and about the only problem I could see was that he had very red watery eyes. He is on TOTW puppy. About two weeks ago sully had a cherry eye on his left eye. I rubbed it back in place and have had to do it about four times since, once it popped out twice in one day. I did a search on the forum about cherry eye to learn it is part of the tear gland, so I figured his red watery eyes were the result of allergies and the tear gland was swelled and popping out! I started him on Zyrtec four days ago and have not had a cherry eye since and his eyes are not as watery nor as red. I take one 10mg zyrtec chop it in 1/4ths and give him a 1/4 every morning, afraid to give him to much! It seems to have helped, but maybe just lucky and cherry eye will return. If it does how much Zyrtec can I give him?

John A

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Philadelphia PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Zyrtec dosage?

our Bully is almost 5 years old he weighs 59 pounds and we were instructed by the dermatologist to give two zyrtec every 24 hours ( its double the adult dose) I would ask your vet maybe in your case it would be one whole one every 24 hours? Good Luck!

Remove Ads