OP
V

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Thanks everyone. Whopper is my 5th bulldog. I have had 4 others over the years with my last one passing away just last year. I was set on not having another bulldog but came across this guy and couldn't resist. A family had to part with him so he ended up with me. I've only had him for a month. He's quite a ham. He is scheduled for elongated palate surgery on Monday already. He has quite a difficult time breathing and lots of drool and gagging and puking. Also gets out of breath very quickly. I have managed to drop 4 pounds off of him since I got him so that has helped immensely but he definitely needs to have his airway opened up. Hopefully he will have a much better life after that. Thanks for all the welcomes and friendly greetings.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I have managed to drop 4 pounds off of him since I got him so that has helped immensely but he definitely needs to have his airway opened up.
Smart bully owner. He's lucky to have you, you him.
Thank you for rescuing him, Paul.

OP
V

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
Thank you. I do feel lucky to have him. He was 60lbs when I acquired him. 56lbs now. He seemed to have trouble walking and getting around. After the 4lb loss he is much more agile. And after the EPS I think he will be a completely different dog. Hopefully that will alleviate the gagging and hacking and excessive drool. Fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_20170321-091255.png

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_20170321-091250.png

OP
V

versicolor

Mar 20, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Whopper
It's amazing the difference 3 or 4 pounds makes for a bulldog. He was very well taken care of by his previous owners but I felt he just had a few extra pounds that needed to be shed. He seems much more tight and fit now whereas before he was kind of a blob and very slow moving.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He is great!!! I love the name too!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hi Whopper! Castor has gone through soft palate surgery and it made a huge difference.

Members online

No members online now.