Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello and please help :)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugigi View Post
    They are registered with CKC...Is it good/bad?

I never intended to breed (although i would love to have puppies once, but my husband would never survive all the mess lol) so my understanding is that i don't need full registration, right?

CKC as in the Canadian Kennal Club or Continental Kennel Club? I'm going to guess the continental kennel club since your breeder is in the U.S.
    You should ask why they chose that as opposed to AKC.

Wellie, our bullie that was re-homed to us came with ACA papers (American Canine Association). It's not a real club as far as I'm concerned and the only
    reason it was used is because it's cheap, and his "breeder" runs a puppy mill in the mid west.

These days, I would carefully screen even breeders that use AKC (after all of Blue's issues, I'd insist on a breeder who health tests), but those that use any other organization..well- I'd run the other way. There's never, ever, ever,
    ever, a good reason for a purebred dog to be registered with anyone other than AKC in the U.S.

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    CKC as in the Canadian Kennal Club or Continental Kennel Club? I'm going to guess the continental kennel club since your breeder is in the U.S.
    You should ask why they chose that as opposed to AKC.

Wellie, our bullie that was re-homed to us came with ACA papers (American Canine Association). It's not a real club as far as I'm concerned and the only
    reason it was used is because it's cheap, and his "breeder" runs a puppy mill in the mid west.

These days, I would carefully screen even breeders that use AKC (after all of Blue's issues, I'd insist on a breeder who health tests), but those that use any other organization..well- I'd run the other way. There's never, ever, ever,
    ever, a good reason for a purebred dog to be registered with anyone other than AKC in the U.S.

Couldn't agree more with @blueberrysmom, PM sent

Pooper scooper
    Country
    MA USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ginger(Masyanya)
    Likes (Received)

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugigi View Post
    Don't cry, I didn't mean to scare you, just stating the facts. If you're already in love with this pup, get her. But ask the breeder why he chose them over AKC.
    In the end, a dog is a dog, it's not the papers it comes with. I don't love Wellie any less than Blue, he's my little man and I adore him. But I guess I do equate AKC with quality (even though I shouldn't) because they're the only legitimate club in the U.S for purebred dogs.

In the end, a bulldog with a perfect pedigree can, and most likely will, have at least some health problems. So regardless of your choice, just be prepared for that.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    MA USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ginger(Masyanya)
    Likes (Received)

I posted in my other thread, but I guess I'll copy here, as well... Of course, when we went to see the puppies... We came home with one ))
    Have you seen not photogenic bulldog? Well, ours sure is! She is so cute but looks like an old grumpy bulldog on the photos ) and I am a photographer, so it's embarrassing!

Here are couple of iPhone photos

Her name is Masyanya (Masya, Manya for short), and I am sure only Russians can pronounce it lol

So, she thinks she is a lap dog, every time somebody sits on the floor - she climbs up )

we planned on taking another girl... But she looked so scared, tried to hide from us... And we have a very loud family, so we didn't risk getting a dog that would be stressed from all the running and yelling...

Masyanya is so cute and loving, she is sleeping by me as I write this...

I am not sure she'll grow up to be the perfect bulldog, but if she stays this loving and nice - I don't really care...

She is holding her ears back a lot... Is she supposed to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads