Need Gardening HELP Please

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I have a bunch of green cherry tomatoes and summer is over so they are not going to ripen. I was thinking of pickling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea but they will probably ripen indoors too. I put green tomatoes on a plate on the kitchen counter or hang them in the vines in the window. It can take a while but often they get red eventually!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I ended up pulling out all my summer flowers, and tomato... they just got fried while we were on vacation. This is the FIRST summer that I have been gone SO much, and my little garden paid the price.

I DID purchase some mums, pansies and a gorgeous sunflower for the fall. There is always next year!!! Lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
... There is always next year!!! Lol

Yes, that's part of the joy of gardening! I'm planning what tulip bulbs to plant later this autumn.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Yes, that's part of the joy of gardening! I'm planning what tulip bulbs to plant later this autumn.

Ohhhh LOVE tulips!! Please let's continue sharing here, I would love to see what you decide on!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I ended up pulling out all my summer flowers, and tomato... they just got fried while we were on vacation. This is the FIRST summer that I have been gone SO much, and my little garden paid the price.

I DID purchase some mums, pansies and a gorgeous sunflower for the fall. There is always next year!!! Lol

You know....me too! Away too many times to hope for an extended season of tomatoes :( But YES there's always next year! I am having a LARGE moving sale this weekend so when I am through that I will take my other plants down. I did treat myself to a giant mum for the front porch :) IT'S FALL YA'LL !!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
You know....me too! Away too many times to hope for an extended season of tomatoes :( But YES there's always next year! I am having a LARGE moving sale this weekend so when I am through that I will take my other plants down. I did treat myself to a giant mum for the front porch :) IT'S FALL YA'LL !!!

Moving sale - so you are moving? Far away? And now I looked up mum - aha, chrysanthemum! They are really popular here too but I cannot decide whether I like them or not. They are so autumnal - but I guess we have to face reality that summer is over for this year. But I should probably get one or two to plant where the tomatoes are now. It will be pretty until we get frost!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Your tomatoes were beautiful... what happened? Were they still green?!! Mine looked great, but they weren't very big, and honestly they didn't have a great taste to them. I don't know what I did wrong...

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Your tomatoes were beautiful... what happened? Were they still green?!! Mine looked great, but they weren't very big, and honestly they didn't have a great taste to them. I don't know what I did wrong...

Vacation happened LOL Prior to going on vacation for a week I had several and BIG harvests from cherry tomato plant. BUT when I returned something had started to kill the plant, I did pick the tomatoes that were big and almost red but their taste was not as good as what I was getting in mid to late summer. I have learned from my first year mistakes and am already planning for next year.

Did you plant the same plants that you have in the past?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Moving sale - so you are moving? Far away? And now I looked up mum - aha, chrysanthemum! They are really popular here too but I cannot decide whether I like them or not. They are so autumnal - but I guess we have to face reality that summer is over for this year. But I should probably get one or two to plant where the tomatoes are now. It will be pretty until we get frost!

Not moving far away, my sisters would have a fit and so would I LOL we are all very close :) The house that I live in now I built 11 years ago and I am so ready to downsize. I want a nice little cottage type home with enough land for an outbuilding that I can pour my candles in (My one sister and I make soy candles....actually VERY popular soy candles) I am sooooooo excited !!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Not moving far away, my sisters would have a fit and so would I LOL we are all very close :) The house that I live in now I built 11 years ago and I am so ready to downsize. I want a nice little cottage type home with enough land for an outbuilding that I can pour my candles in (My one sister and I make soy candles....actually VERY popular soy candles) I am sooooooo excited !!!!
I make table candles myself. Get hot wax...pour on table...light it on fire. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Please send me your soy candle info... it is all I use and hard to find at times

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Please send me your soy candle info... it is all I use and hard to find at times

Will do! I will PM you soon. We have a pour scheduled for early November for Fall and Holiday. I need to nail down the scents but when I do I will absolutely send to you, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I make table candles myself. Get hot wax...pour on table...light it on fire. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

HAHAHAHA!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nice to be close to family. I miss that. Can’t wait to move...

Any photos on your candles?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Nice to be close to family. I miss that. Can’t wait to move...

Any photos on your candles?

I know the feeling LOL

Sure, here are a few photos

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Wow - I had never heard of soy candles before (but now I have read up - EBN is the place to go to for inspiration and the chance to learn new things!). Very interesting and so you and your sister make them and sell? We sometimes made traditional dipped candles when I was a kid, but the ones you make look very professional!

How nice it sounds with a little cottage and a candle-making workshop!

Staff online

Members online