HELP Hips popping on 4 month old?

Erik4danielle

Oct 4, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dutchness, Thor, Neme, Sugar
Hi guys Iā€™ve been feeding Zignature Slamon and Trout formula and I have noticed when my 4 month old EBD walks over me I feel a popping in her hips I can feel it when I touch her there and she moves is this normal or should I have her checked out? She doesnā€™t seem bothered at all by it and jumps off the sofa and runs around normally. Also Iā€™m feeding both my English and French Bulldog puppies Zignature but they do not have a puppy food formula itā€™s all ages formula is that an issue? Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!!!

The popping may be nothing, but I would not allow her to jump off furniture or do down stairs... bones are still forming and still somewhat soft. I have always carried my pups down stairs until they are 6 months old... sounds nuts, but it is best for their bones.

I think Zingature is all stages.... @Cbrugs .. do you know?.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hi guys Iā€™ve been feeding Zignature Slamon and Trout formula and I have noticed when my 4 month old EBD walks over me I feel a popping in her hips I can feel it when I touch her there and she moves is this normal or should I have her checked out? She doesnā€™t seem bothered at all by it and jumps off the sofa and runs around normally. Also Iā€™m feeding both my English and French Bulldog puppies Zignature but they do not have a puppy food formula itā€™s all ages formula is that an issue? Thanks

If the bag doesn't say all life stages then it isn't. Some of the Zignature formulas say it, but not all. Don't give her dairy products as that will promote too rapid bone growth. Also if you were planning on spaying her wait to at least a year old to allow hormones to help bone plates close.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
2BullyMama
Youā€™re a great Bully Mom for carrying them downstairs till they are 6 months old. I carried my boy till he was 5 months then trained him by 5 1/2 months to walk downstairs. Everyone though it was stupid, I was just babying him, he would get scared for stairs, might never walk on stairs at all, would I carry him even when heā€™s a year old, Iā€™m not being an alpha, etc. etc.

At five months he was getting way to heavy, so we started slowly, today he doesnā€™t mind stairs at all

Members online

No members online now.