Potty training

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Whatā€™s going on guys hope all is well so Iā€™ve been doing some research online and Iā€™ve seen a lot of people discussing training your dog to use a bell when he needs to go potty my question is if he learns to use the bell when itā€™s time to go potty will he learn how to hold it for a longer period of time or will it be a shorter period of time of that makes sense???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When he is tiny, you need to run him outside(if you are home) quite frequently! Whenever I have had a pup, it was about every 15 minutes! As they get older, the time span gets a little longer. I, personally would start, when he starts to comprehend going out to do his "biz". Then I would ring the bell,as you are taking him out. Eventually he will associate it with going out to go! When he is tiny, you won't get him to pay enough attention, and you will be in a hurry to get outside!!:rolleyes:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I never did a bell. When just puppies, both my guys got picked up and taken outside very frequently (especially after drinking, eating, napping, playing) and accidents will happen. Then just one day (around 5 months for my Frenchie and 6 months for Louie), they went to the door. So my guys know to go to the door if they need to go out.

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
Ozzie learned to use a bell quite easily. I find it helpful as there a a lot of times I don't see him at the door. The older he got the less frequent he had to go out.

Members online

No members online now.