RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Awesome. How long did it take him to learn that? I have had German Shepard's in the past and they are incredibly quick learners. The one we have now speaks English I am convinced lol. I do not have to change the inflection in my voice what so ever and he behaves better than my 11 year old son and 15 year old daughter.

I have been wondering how smart our bully is going to be and what my expectations should be. I read where many aren't even potty trained at 6 mos and it scares me. All of my GS's would learn to go outside within a week for the most part. I know the stereotype is that bulldogs are not so smart so this video was encouraging.

How old is he?

Usko is just over 2 years old and a very quick learner. I just hate it when people say that bulldogs are stupid. Many people just don't also even try to train them just bc some say that it's difficult. We haven't really trained that much lately, but we started when he came home at 8 weeks. Usko also understands many words and a simple trick like that one where he has to touch my hand to get the treat took maybe 10 minutes to learn. The amazing thing also is that he is not really in to food and is very picky, but he does get motivated by food when training. I think he just likes to do things. There are tricks that are more difficult to teach him, but I'm sure that with time he would learn just about anything possible for a dog.
Usko was potty trained at around 4-5 months, but had a little relapse and was finally 100% at 6 months.

Last edited:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I totally agree with [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] - these are some very intelligent dogs. But they are sneaky too and will pretend they dont hear you or don't understand when they really do!

Members online

No members online now.