Thread: for NVI users

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: for NVI users

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 i do so hope it works out for you. if not i got alotta ideas and according to @JAKEISGREAT im the food lady around here
    Well..you are sure MY food lady...not to be confused with a BAG lady!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i will leave that to some others around here

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Well - it's official: the Nature's Variety Instinct is not working. The poops aren't getting any less soupy and in fact, this morning, both dogs had to be greeted at the door with babywipes upon re-entry. It was a soup fest. *sigh* And wouldn't you know it: I got friggin' 50 pounds of the stuff in their giant food bin. OK. Not 50 pounds --- but a LOT. Here's the worst part: I don't think the dogs really like it that much. Bea just doesn't get that excited about meals. She's 17 months old but she's an old soul; cranky, fussy, examines every piece of food thourally before eating it...she's hysterically funny. That brief period where we were on the Nature's Logic Lamb - she actually did a teeny happy dance before meals! (Bo, on the other hand, would eat garbage if he were allowed - the wild cat's dish is never safe with him on the porch.) All of this is fine except one thing: I have to drive miles to get to the one shop that has it.
    And here's the big kicker: The tear stains aren't better at all on ANY of these foods - which is why the big food switcharoo began in the first place from the Nature's Balance Bison & Sweet Potato.

Ah! This food thing is a twisted little path, isn't it?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

I have had Jack on NVI Salmon for 2 weeks now...
    He started to develop skin bumps ... So Im going to be changing over this week to something else...
    Prior to NVI I had him on FROMM's Surf & Turf..
    That also didnt work...

I too have about 20 lbs of FROMM and 20 lbs of INSTINCT that I will be giving to a coworker ...!!

Im HOPING the new food will work.... NATURAL BALANCE L.I.D. Lamb & Brown Rice

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

thats great they are expanding their hollistic/organic selection...now i will have a reason to go there and buy Bugzys food, but am not sure if they carry the lamb flavor...ill have to check

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I wish these dog food companies would use the words "nature" and "natural" more in their dogfood names. I mean, sheesh. It's way too easy to tell all of them apart and remember what's what.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

one thing i have learned over the year or so that i have been doing this with sarah and at one point all 5 of my pets is to buy small bags. i go through several small bags before i buy a big one so i dont waste it. if this is possible i realize in all cases its not. also you can mix a small portion in with whatever new food you get to get rid of it also. like 3/4 new food 1/4 old food that didnt work. just a thought as this stuff is expensive. if you have purchased from a place that will let you return it that maybe an option to.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    one thing i have learned over the year or so that i have been doing this with sarah and at one point all 5 of my pets is to buy small bags. i go through several small bags before i buy a big one so i dont waste it. if this is possible i realize in all cases its not. also you can mix a small portion in with whatever new food you get to get rid of it also. like 3/4 new food 1/4 old food that didnt work. just a thought as this stuff is expensive. if you have purchased from a place that will let you return it that maybe an option to.
    Here's the thing: I bought three small bags and on the third trip to get another one, I gave in to my own convenience and got the giant bag. Dumb! I was being hopeful because the Nature's Logic worked so well - gastronomically speaking - but didn't help their rusty little tear stains a peep.

Oh to have bright, clean shiny faces and pick-up-able poops! Yesterday, I needed a flippin' spoon....ugh.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Gastrointestinal update: just when I thought Bo's fart fests were cured (chicken IS THE DEVIL), I find that the Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon is creating mega audible toots. Think "gattling gun". He's laying here at my feet and wow - what a show. The good news: they don't stink like chicken ones! Hooray! I know. Not a lot to celebrate but hey, these days I'm easily amused.

And we trudge on in NVI Salmonland......

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Update: Yesterday's afternoon "constitutional" was FIRM ENOUGH TO PICK UP! *celebratory dance*
    It was still soft serve - no mistake about that - but I managed to get it into a doodie bag without using a spatula.

I hope ya'll are enjoying these updates as much as I am bringing them to you......*snork*

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 oh yes please more updates as i have to eat lunch later on also. im glad things seem to be improving for the better. id say it will be firm soon if its started to go that way. just needed some time to get used to it i guess.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, @cowsmom! I knew I could count on you for Poop Support.

"Hi, my name is Vicki and I'm a chronic dog poo chronicaller..." ....and then The Room sez: HI VICKI

heh heh

So just when things were "firming up" as it were, what do I go and do? Get a GIANT BAG of Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Meal formula - you know, the one that I ordered in the first place but never got (insert here)? Confused yet? I sure am. I have to keep looking at the bag to know what the hell I bought. Bottom line: we dropped the "Praire" with this bag.

So....film at 11. Or at least another update....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads