Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: for NVI users

In Nature's Variety website, it lists PET SUPERMARKET as a retailer in my area...
    I went to 2 different ones and unfortunatley the employees there never heard of it.. (nor FROMM for the matter)

I went to PETCO last week for the heck of it and yes that had it... I was told it was brand new for them and they actually wanted to hear back from me to see how Jack adapted to it....
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; 10-04-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    In Nature's Variety website, it lists PET SUPERMARKET as a retailer in my area...I went to 2 different ones and unfortunatley the employees there never heard of it.. (nor FROMM for the matter) I went to PETCO last week for the heck of it and yes that had it... I was told it was brand new for them and they actually wanted to hear back from me to see how Jack adopted to it....
    Did you see the link for the $5 off coupon!! Yay!! That's lunch for YOU somewhere!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Did you see the link for the $5 off coupon!! Yay!! That's lunch for YOU somewhere!!
    no where ???? heck yea..... $5 at Firse house grill will buy me a nice Hot toasty sub for lunch...
    thanks !

Edit : never mind.. I just saw your previous post...! Thanks again Becky....& Henny ..!
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; 10-04-2011 at 02:09 PM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom - @JAKEISGREAT @calibaker - How's your gang doing on the Nature's Variety Instinct? I wanted to do the salmon but when the dingding at the pet shop ordered in the wrong variety, I went with Turkey/Duck. The good news: it does not produce gas like chicken varieties do. The bad news: it's been over two weeks and Bea's still having a smidgen of diarrhea with this food. Bo is pretty good...but (spoiler alert: graphic poo chat) it's a bit on the soft serve side. Hers starts out ok but then turns soupy at the end. I'm back to wiping butts as was during the Origin days.....

How long does it take for them to adjust anyway? Maybe I'm over-feeding them and that's causing it?

Backstory: I'm opting for the grain/potato free foods (in conjunction with the Mal-wipes and keeping things clean and dry) to try to resolve the gooey tear-stained little faces. Because one eye = on both dogs, mind you = waters more than the other, I'm thinking it is an allergy issue of some kind. There has been some improvement over the Nature's Balance Bison / Sweet Potato that they were on two months ago.....Jeez this is all hard to keep track of.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    @cowsmom - @JAKEISGREAT @calibaker - How's your gang doing on the Nature's Variety Instinct? I wanted to do the salmon but when the dingding at the pet shop ordered in the wrong variety, I went with Turkey/Duck. The good news: it does not produce gas like chicken varieties do. The bad news: it's been over two weeks and Bea's still having a smidgen of diarrhea with this food. Bo is pretty good...but (spoiler alert: graphic poo chat) it's a bit on the soft serve side. Hers starts out ok but then turns soupy at the end. I'm back to wiping butts as was during the Origin days.....

How long does it take for them to adjust anyway? Maybe I'm over-feeding them and that's causing it?

Backstory: I'm opting for the grain/potato free foods (in conjunction with the Mal-wipes and keeping things clean and dry) to try to resolve the gooey tear-stained little faces. Because one eye = on both dogs, mind you = waters more than the other, I'm thinking it is an allergy issue of some kind. There has been some improvement over the Nature's Balance Bison / Sweet Potato that they were on two months ago.....Jeez this is all hard to keep track of.
    Chunk is in NVI Limited Ingredient Lamb ... it's the ONLY food we have ever been on that we don't have soft serve poo! However, we still have teary eyes and his ears have been more itchy lately (not yucky when I clean them though!). So this is the best so far ... may try another protein source but leary about having to change yet again.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Ok this food is a whole different beast than natural balance this food is almost all meat compared to nb which would be mostly potato. Sometimes diarrhea is a sign of over feeding or it could just be the transition period. Just make sure they are not having other things going on besides stool issues. When Sarah ate this she was getting one and two-thirds cup at 47 pounds. You could give it a bit longer to see if it straightens out or maybe try the limited ingredient less protein might do better
    Last edited by cowsmom; 10-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000.. Jake did awful on it. I only got to 1/2 old and 1/2 new and had to go back to Fromm. He got bumps under his fur..and the pads of his feet turned bright pink and got very swollen. His poo was soft serve and too much of it! So I threw in the towel..back on Fromm beef and I figure good will have to suffice. Might not get perfect for him!!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

oh no, @JAKEISGREAT! that's too bad NVI did not work out for Jake. I hope you bought a smallish bag?

@Vicaroo1000, both boys are doing well on it; poops are still a little soft but they're transitioning from Blue Wilderness salmon. I have them on the NVI salmon as well. I also love the canned foods from NVI.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    oh no, @JAKEISGREAT! that's too bad NVI did not work out for Jake. I hope you bought a smallish bag?@Vicaroo1000, both boys are doing well on it; poops are still a little soft but they're transitioning from Blue Wilderness salmon. I have them on the NVI salmon as well. I also love the canned foods from NVI.
    ... Oh noooo..I bought the BIGGEST bag possible!..lol...my daughter has her golden on the NVI salmon..but the prairie type..which has grains..so I told her I think she can mix my grain free salmon with hers and he would be fine! He has no issues with anything..so a grain free mixed with his should be fine..$ 60.. I don't even want to waste it! I will wait awhile and try something else down the road!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@Chunksmama - Thanks for that. I was considering that limited ingredient one too but the very nice - but dingy as hell - lady at the shop near me would have to special order it. I'd like to get something that's always in stock from wherever I get it. It's taken me TWO visits to get her to order the salmon one - and I still won't have it until Tuesday. I was trying to give the independent, small business owner store a break but I'm thinking it's back to the PetPros for me.....

@calibaker - Thanks for your Poo Update Hopefully - like your boys - my kids are just transitioning with this new food. I want it to work so badly!

@cowsmom - you make a very good point about the protein percentage and starting tonight, I'm going to roll back the amount I give them. I am overfeeding them for sure. Bo is getting almost two cups a meal and Bea is a little over one cup per meal. They eat two times a day. Maybe that will help too. I'm excited about trying the NVI salmon.

@JAKEISGREAT - I just know you will appreciate this: a couple of nights ago, Bo was acting kinda droopy and both he and Bea had the soupy poops. I made one of those boil in bag Uncle Ben's white rice - carefully measuring the water - and used the rice water after it was done to make the Wellness gravy I always give them. Like a miracle, that rice water worked on that diarrhea! It was awesome. My grandmother used to use rice water for children with diarrhea.

You guys rule.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000.. Oh yes! I've used the rice water a lot! It saved my sanity when Jake was new to us! Grandmas or ahem..Grammies....RULE!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 i do so hope it works out for you. if not i got alotta ideas and according to @JAKEISGREAT im the food lady around here

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads