Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: Is Matilda a fatty?

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant hnhammond's Avatar
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    471
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)
    47

    Red face Is Matilda a fatty?

    Matilda will be four months old next week and she is currently 19 lbs. Her vet didn't say anything about her being overweight (I forgot to ask, but I feel like he'd mention it if she was). She gets two cups of food a day. She's on a special brand of food that her vet makes. I feed her 1/2 cup at breakfast, 1/2 cup for lunch, and 1 cup at dinner. She also gets treats for everything she does (still potty-training!), but we break them up into teeny pieces.

    Is she a healthy weight? Am I feeding her too much? I adore fat bullies but I obviously care more about her health!
    -tilly3mo-25-jpg

  2. #2
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    A FATTY??

    Uh...no you didnt!

    It sounds like you are right on with the feedings and they vary so much. Remember..a fat Bully will not be a healthy Bully!

    If you can get a picture of her so we can see her silhouette and from the top..that will help!

  3. #3
    Pet Sitter Emily's Avatar
    Posts
    391
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    A FATTY??

    Uh...no you didnt!

    It sounds like you are right on with the feedings and they vary so much. Remember..a fat Bully will not be a healthy Bully!

    If you can get a picture of her so we can see her silhouette and from the top..that will help!
    ^_^ hahaha!

    She looks beautiful!

  4. #4
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Seated pics are so hard to tell. And a pup will have a bit of a belly (especially after meals) that an adult won't, or shouldn't.
    Ideally you want an indent at the waist when viewed from above while standing. Should be able to easily feel ribs, but not see them.

  5. #5
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Lari is right on... Puppies eat a lot because they are growing a lot so right after eating it shows more than on an adult.

  6. #6
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Dubbiedog's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ann
    Location
    Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    970
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    Matilda will be four months old next week and she is currently 19 lbs. Her vet didn't say anything about her being overweight (I forgot to ask, but I feel like he'd mention it if she was). She gets two cups of food a day. She's on a special brand of food that her vet makes. I feed her 1/2 cup at breakfast, 1/2 cup for lunch, and 1 cup at dinner. She also gets treats for everything she does (still potty-training!), but we break them up into teeny pieces.

    Is she a healthy weight? Am I feeding her too much? I adore fat bullies but I obviously care more about her health!
    -tilly3mo-25-jpg
    She looks like she is built just like Dublin. Short legs and stocky build. I work constantly on Dublin's weight. She could stand to lose at least another 3lbs. She is two and 48lb at last vet visit. Now, if another bullie had longer legs and a less stocky build that weight may just be perfect. She is on a pretty strict diet and I still have a hard time. Think of it this way. If a 5' 10" woman gained 10 lb you may hardly notice it, but put that weight on a 5' 2" ( me lol) and it would be glaringly obvious. Matilda looks beautiful by the way, but from experience do keep an eye on here weight. As most of us know it is easier to put on than take off

  7. #7
    Pet Sitter LoveMyBully82's Avatar
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    320
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    I don't know if she's a fatty, but she sure is a cutie!

  8. #8
    .........
    Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,981
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Can't really tell from the pic you posted but she does look like a total sweetheart

  9. #9
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Rub her sides to see if you can feel her ribs, it should feel like there is a thin soft blanket between your fingers and her ribs. Same with her spine. Just keep checking that regularly until you get used to what it should feel like. But she's probably OK since she's just a cute little baby!!!!!!

    PS. I just checked Herman's and the ribs are getting a little hard to find DOH!

  10. #10
    Dog Park Attendant hnhammond's Avatar
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    471
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)
    47

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Here's the best I could do... She won't sit still! haha look at that big belly. The rib thing is a good idea, thank you! And thank you guys! She is a sweetie!
    -photo-jpg

  11. #11
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Dubbiedog's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ann
    Location
    Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    970
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    Here's the best I could do... She won't sit still! haha look at that big belly. The rib thing is a good idea, thank you! And thank you guys! She is a sweetie!
    -photo-jpg
    Yep! that is a "Dublin belly" if I ever saw one

  12. #12
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Is Matilda a fatty?

    My girls is 14 weeks and weighs 22 lbs the vet told me she is just solid and he thinks she will be about 60lbs full grown but he wasnt worried. I think every bully is different and develope differently. I think she looks perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •