Bulldog Stories and Poetry

Sticky threads
Happens all too often.... "Woof!" I said as you started the car, "Hooray!" I said, it's my first time afar. The scents we were passing were all new to me, For it was my first introduction to this mystery. As we got out of the car I embraced you with joy, After all you remembered to bring my favorite toy! You threw it once or twice, of which I retrieved, But on the third it seemed you were ready to leave. You threw it long and hard and I chased it like lightning, But when I turned to bring it back I saw a sight quite frightening. I gripped my toy hard as I tried to comprehend What it was I did wrong to make our relationship end. You walked back to your car as I sat there still loyal. Why am I subservient and you so royal? Your engine...
by Davidh Cash came to us by way of a member Robin (@Polotat ) on this site. To make a long story short, she got Cash from a friend of hers, that got him from a neighbor, that did not want him any longer and was not caring for him. Cash was being left outside and not being fed properly. Robin knew she could not keep him, but she wanted to get him out of a bad situation, so she brought him home. Cash was in sad shape when Robin received him. Robin posted on English Bulldog News that Cash needed a new fur-ever home. Robin already had a new puppy, an older dog, and a feisty cat. Adding Cash to the clan would have been too much. She wanted to concentrate on raising the pup, plus Cash and her cat did not like each other. Robin posted on EBN...
Here is the winner of the May 2011 4 Paw Member short story contest! It is a poem written by Libra926, about her beautiful bulldog Vegas. Darkness. Confusion. Must move. I don't want to, but I NEED to. I can't think. I can't see. I can't hear. Where is my mommy? I can't see my Daddy! I feel her hands. Her gentle touch. My mommy's smell. Confusion. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Light. I can see..but I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I can hear..but I'm not sure what I'm hearing. I can smell..but I'm not sure what I'm smelling. I'm confused. Why am I on the floor? Light. I can smell. I smell my mommy crying. I can hear. I hear my mommy praying. I can see. I see my mommy kneeling. I can think. I think my mommy is hurting. I smile. I...
Why Do We Love Our Bullydogs So? Why do we love our bullydogs so? It seems very strange to so many, you know. They maze at the wrinkled up face that seems "smashed." They whiff doggie odors and gas that's been passed. If some folks were honest, they'd shout out: "Alas! You're telling me truly, for this you paid cash?!" Why do we love our bullydogs so? Some call us weird and deranged "so-and-so's." With stark frozen fear, they gaze at the teeth, the massive broad shoulders and little fat feet. They gasp at the sight of the jowls and then shriek: "Someone please save me! Just throw him some meat!" Why do we love our bullydogs so? They say we're obsessive fanatics, you know. An accurate statement, but "Foul !" I protest. You don't...
Various Versions of the English Bulldog Property Laws: (short version) Bulldog Property Laws: ‎1. If I like it, it's mine. 2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine. 3. If I can take it from you, it's mine. 4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine. 5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way. Another version submitted by goobers mom: 1. If I like it, it's mine. 2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine. 3. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine. 4. If I can take it from you, it's mine. 5. If it just looks like mine, it's mine. 6. If I saw it first, it's mine. 7. If it's edible, it's mine. 8. If u have something and put it down, it's mine. 9. If I get tired of it, it's yours. 10. If I want it back, it's mine. And the version...
A Letter From Heaven --Author Unknown To my foster family, some things I'd like to say, But first of all to let you know, that I arrived okay. I'm writing this letter from the Bridge - where I now dwell with God above - Up here there are no tears or sadness, only eternal love. Please don't be unhappy, just because I am out of sight, Remember that I am with you, every morning, noon and night. The other day I had to leave you, when my life on earth was through - God picked me up and hugged me, and he said, "I welcome you... Its good to have you back again, you were missed while you were gone... As for your foster family, they'll be here later on". When you think of my life on earth, and the neglect in my last years, Because you are...
Poem: Don't grieve too long for now I'm free -- Author Unknown Alert!!! Don't grieve too long for now I'm free I've followed the path God set for me I ran to Him when I heard His call I swished my tail and left it all. I could not stay another day To bark, to love, to romp or play Games left unplayed must stay that way I found such peace, it made my day. My parting has left you with a void Please fill it with remembered joy A friendship shared, your laugh, a kiss Oh yes, these things I too shall miss. Be not burdened with times of sorrow I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow My life's been full, you've given so much Your time, your love and gentle touch. Perhaps my time seemed all too brief Don't lengthen it now with undue grief Lift...
Am I Famous Now? --Author Unknown I was born today. One of 10. My daddy was very famous. I have lots of half brothers and sisters. My mother is very famous. Since she got famous, she has only had puppies. No more loving hands, no more fun trips... just puppies. She is always sad when they leave her. I left home today. I didn't want to go, so I hid behind my mama and my three littermates that were left. I didn't like you. But one day they said I would be famous. I wonder; is famous the same as fun and good times? So you picked me up and carried me away, even though you were concerned about me hiding from you. I don't think you liked me. My new home is far away. I am scared and afraid. My heart says be brave. My ancestors were. Did...
A Poem For New Puppy Owners By: © Judith Belsham Singer Don't smell crotches, Don't eat plants. Don't steal food Or underpants. Don't eat my socks, Don't grab my hair. . . DON'T RIP THE STUFFING FROM THAT CHAIR! Don't eat those peas! Don't touch that bush! Don't chew my shoes. . . What IS that mush? Eat your cookie, Drink your drink, Outta the toilet! Outta the sink! AWAY FROM THE CAT BOX, IT'S FOR THE CAT! (And MUST you kiss me After that???) Yes, raising a puppy, Is not for the lazy. Though puppies are funny, They're also quite crazy. But don't despair Though its toil and strife, After 3 years You'll get back your life! So, let's go for "walkies," You can "do your thing" (And perhaps I'll get back MY GOOD DIAMOND RING!)