Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi All,

Frankie is 9 months old now in the last 2 months he’s gotten this discoloration around his eyes.
He has no allergic symptoms at all he’s doing great on Natures logic grain free food. His skin around his eyes is not pink or irritated pics are not great.
His tear stains we are still trying to get under control. This is my 2nd bulldog so I do have some experience but I’ve never seen this.
He not irritated or rubbing them it’s just a light brownish color they anre not swollen. Any insight would be appreciated.
We did get hit with a ton of cotton wood fluff about 2 months ago and this started around that time?
Thanks all.
From Frank & Frankie

Attachments

• IMG_8476.jpeg
    IMG_8476.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8475.jpeg
    IMG_8475.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8480.jpeg
    IMG_8480.jpeg
    587.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8478.jpeg
    IMG_8478.jpeg
    678.3 KB · Views: 49

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi All,

Frankie is 9 months old now in the last 2 months he’s gotten this discoloration around his eyes.
He has no allergic symptoms at all he’s doing great on Natures logic grain free food. His skin around his eyes is not pink or irritated pics are not great.
His tear stains we are still trying to get under control. This is my 2nd bulldog so I do have some experience but I’ve never seen this.
He not irritated or rubbing them it’s just a light brownish color they anre not swollen. Any insight would be appreciated.
We did get hit with a ton of cotton wood fluff about 2 months ago and this started around that time?
Thanks all.
From Frank & Frankie

He is adorable!

Cotton wood fluff sounds like the problem, and sometimes it doesn’t go away until the cotton wood/pollen lessens.

I would just keep his wrinkles clean and dry and hopefully it goes away when the pollen/cotton wood fluff decreases.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
He is adorable!

Cotton wood fluff sounds like the problem, and sometimes it doesn’t go away until the cotton wood/pollen lessens.

I would just keep his wrinkles clean and dry and hopefully it goes away when the pollen/cotton wood fluff decreases.
Thanks and I think you’re right.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
White faces will have more of a sensitive pigmentation. Jame gets it too. Goes pink n more watery in the summer. Also yours floats in the pool. Reflection is hard too.

Attachments

• IMG_6659.jpeg
    IMG_6659.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 23

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
White faces will have more of a sensitive pigmentation. Jame gets it too. Goes pink n more watery in the summer. Also yours floats in the pool. Reflection is hard too.
Is that your dog Jake in the photo?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All,

Thanks all.
From Frank & Frankie
Hard to tell but looks like his eyes are watery? Lambeau was like this all the time in spring/fall, something in the air caused his eyes to constantly water so around his eyes would look brownish. I never did anything, would just wipe his eyes with a clean cotton cloth

Members online

No members online now.