B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
The Pet Value store I called had no freezer section and told me that all of the stores are independent and that I should try the other stores in our area but she didn't think any of them had a freezer section, I'll check it out.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Here is a picture of Bella on a better day.

Attachments

• IMG-20120506-00127.jpg
    IMG-20120506-00127.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 124

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wow! Bella is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all good advice already given... Great helpers :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Some other good Canadian brands of dog kibble: Performatrin Ultra Grain Free, Nutrience Sub Zero, Boreal Grain Free, Petkind Tripe ( already has tripe ! )

My dog was allergic to every brand of dog kibble I tried and I am now giving her successfully Only Natural EasyRaw dehydrated raw which I buy at Petsmart when they have their 20.00 off on 100.00 worth of purchases.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, poor baby! So sorry for her and your suffering! Great advice you got, I just wanted to ask you couple of questions, did you check her for a demodectic mange? Because staph infection can exist on its own, but can also coexist with dĆ©modex. Just ask for a scab at vet, it wonā€™t be very expensive, doctor will most probably immediately see what infection caused it. And for supplement, I can tell you now - absolutely necessary is high quality fish oil. Buy human grade liquid fish oil, high in EPA and DHA. Not in capsules, liquid. I had personal experience- my Tank is very difficult with skin issues, I home cook for him and he gets Nuvet vitamin, special fish oil from South Africa and Fortiflora probiotic. He did very well on it. But when I arrived to the USA, I still had some South African fish oil for him, but when it finished, I bought fish oil by Bluebonnet. In 2 weeks his fur started to fall out in a such amount, that my shower sewage was blocked. Plumber took out more than 2 pounds of wet fur. He looked at me like I shaved my dog and washed hair into shower... And Tanks back was really...you could see the skin. After that I switched to Nordic Natural in capsules, and there was no change. I was already desperate, but then switched to liquid Nordic Naturals fish oil with lemon aroma, and slowly the situation started to improve. Now I managed to get my precious South African fish oil and my baby is fine, but I can tell you 100 percent - Bluebonnet fish oil is fake and Nordic Naturals capsules are not so good. But liquid Nordic Naturals fish oil works.
So, my advise is make an analysis and add fish oil in addition to all guys recommended. Hope your baby will get better soon.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
C9DF3123-A2C2-4BA5-8A6B-AF6CA4524B0D.jpeg

This is is a picture of oil that seems to work, just in case! May be in Canada you have access to something better.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Oh, poor baby! So sorry for her and your suffering! Great advice you got, I just wanted to ask you couple of questions, did you check her for a demodectic mange? Because staph infection can exist on its own, but can also coexist with dĆ©modex. Just ask for a scab at vet, it wonā€™t be very expensive, doctor will most probably immediately see what infection caused it. And for supplement, I can tell you now - absolutely necessary is high quality fish oil. Buy human grade liquid fish oil, high in EPA and DHA. Not in capsules, liquid. I had personal experience- my Tank is very difficult with skin issues, I home cook for him and he gets Nuvet vitamin, special fish oil from South Africa and Fortiflora probiotic. He did very well on it. But when I arrived to the USA, I still had some South African fish oil for him, but when it finished, I bought fish oil by Bluebonnet. In 2 weeks his fur started to fall out in a such amount, that my shower sewage was blocked. Plumber took out more than 2 pounds of wet fur. He looked at me like I shaved my dog and washed hair into shower... And Tanks back was really...you could see the skin. After that I switched to Nordic Natural in capsules, and there was no change. I was already desperate, but then switched to liquid Nordic Naturals fish oil with lemon aroma, and slowly the situation started to improve. Now I managed to get my precious South African fish oil and my baby is fine, but I can tell you 100 percent - Bluebonnet fish oil is fake and Nordic Naturals capsules are not so good. But liquid Nordic Naturals fish oil works.
So, my advise is make an analysis and add fish oil in addition to all guys recommended. Hope your baby will get better soon.

Nordic Naturals is a great brand, Grizzly brand is supposed to be good too. Supposedly phytoplankton 1/16 tsp daily is healthier than fish oil for your dog, although I've never bought it. https://www.amazon.com/Phytoplankton-Available-Powerful-Superfood-MySuperfoods/dp/B01BFVW47O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8Wonder if any of our members have tried it ?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
If you do give fish oil to your dog it's recommended to also give 400IU of natural Vitamin E once a week ( ie. buy capsules and squeeze out ).

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Nordic Naturals is a great brand, Grizzly brand is supposed to be good too. Supposedly phytoplankton 1/16 tsp daily is healthier than fish oil for your dog, although I've never bought it. https://www.amazon.com/Phytoplankto...01BFVW47O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8Wonder if any of our members have tried it ?

you know, I would never think bad about Bluebonnet too, itā€™s quite famous brand, but on Tank I could see that not all fish oil supplements are working. NN capsules didnā€™t work on him! But liquid oil did. Now I look in disgust at this liquid oil and donā€™t know how to make myself drink it, because I used to take capsules, for myself, but my animal trials:) showed itā€™s poor quality! But liquid fish oil:bad::bad::bad:

For Tank I can tell 100 percent, he needs docosahexaenoic and eicosapenthaenoic acids. Without them he is doomed. And the best fish oil for skin problems we get from South Africa. It is not sold in USA, so my hubby brought 3 litres last time:w00t: This fish oil is made for omega 3 responsive skin conditions with Zync. Efazol Plus is the name. Epic stuff.
Iā€™m thinking about starting business to import it into USA! So many dogs could benefit from it!

Members online

No members online now.