Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Nothing to add...just wanted to send positive thoughts!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks guys, I will def keep you posted after the doc. :yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Certainly know the feeling, Jessica, these babies are our heart.
Once Cami's ears filled with gunk, seemed overnight too, like
you, I felt awful :(

Please update us, I'll be praying Ty's hearing will be back to
normal after treatment (I'm certain it will be). Cami is 9 yrs
this month and I do worry more about her than I did. Sending
big hugs to you, gf...you're one of the BEST bully Moms!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm back, and somewhat still confused. She said his ears looked fine, no infection so the meds I started may have taken care of the infection. She is putting him on prednisolone for 5 days in hopes that his hearing returns. I am so confused, and she said there is a slight chance it may not, even though she thinks it will. I don't like that answer, and still can't fathom how he can lose hearing from one day to the next like that. So upset :*( I really hope the steroids work.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh....jeez, nothing like questions....after questions.....I will pray for Tyson's return to normal hearing!!!

What is that makes her think that it might not?? The infection that is no longer there? Confused I'm sure!

PS Hugs from Joey

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
of all times to almost 'wish' for infection this would have been it :( So, did she have any more of a prognosis that that?? Or reason? and even no swelling even if not infected?? Oh I wish for better answers as well... keep in touch..

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She said maybe he had a ruptured drum and its healing? Or "HAD" an infection and its cleared now. The presd. I guess is to help with inflammation. I sometimes drown out things when I'm upset and tend to lean on the bad. I hate that she said there's a chance it might not come back. I mean, granted he can hear, we just have to be much louder... I am leaning on that there is still meds or inflammation from the infection that maybe was there, and it will clear up. I can't see my boy just not hearing from one day to the next. It would be different if it was gradual or something.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh Jessica, wish that we could take your worry away!! We can't so we're going to pray for Tyson...and you. Please update when you can. We're thinking of you!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I feel for you and seems we're pretty alike on a whole bunch here... I took care of my very ill hubby for years and did great through that time, but it left me with a very fearful reality of life.. I just don't handle things well on the onset, but do adapt.. Just as you will if that is what is needed. I lived with age related hearing loss in a few animals... and then one cat that was sudden and that was harder... Like you said, gradual is one thing, something you can understand, so lets just hope and pray that this is temporary for you both, and relax some.. You will see soon enough if there's more you can do.. Just a quick question.... Did he let his ears get a good check up? this just came to mind that once with a temperamental pup, they just got a quick look as it was very difficult. With that exam, she seemed OK... Had to go back in 2 days later and walla, got a better look with a more patient vet and on meds we went... Just a thought.. Some just don't have the patients for aggravated hard to exam pets...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Oh, poor Tyson, but hopefully his hearing will come back soon. Is he ok or does he notice that he doesn't hear, do you think? As you say the vet suggested he might have ruptured his ear drum and that it was healing now I too, like [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION], wonder how well the vet looked into the ear. Wouldn't she be able to see if it was ruptured? Take care and give Tyson a hug from us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: Sending lots of love and hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so hoping everything turns out well. It does seem odd that it happened so quickly. My feelings on it though are as much as we all absolutely hate anything happening to our dogs, I do believe deafness is one of the lesser evils. I am not making light of it by any means but worse things unfortunately can happen. Just think, if his hearing doesn't fully return, he will now have the perfect excuse for ignoring you! Monty has very selective hearing and has it down to a fine art!!!
Hugs to you Tyson. :hug:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks all, we appreciate the prayers more than you know! I hope this is a temporary thing.... we gave him his first dose of steroid this afternoon, I'll keep you posted on progress.
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] - oh trust me I completely understand the things that start to happen with age, and I'm so so thankful Tyson is healthy as ever. It's just baffling for me to have it just go like that. He was perfectly normal and fine Tuesday.

Oh, and he totally already had and has has selective hearing LOL
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] - yeah she got a pretty good look he actually was a good boy. She said it looked clear just saw some of meds still in the canal.
[MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION]
I don't think he notices yet that he can't hear that well. At least it doesn't seem so. He's acting pretty normal otherwise. There's only been a few times if he's sleeping and I walk by he gets semi startled, to where before he'd hear me coming and already have his eyes open.

On a positive note, he's no longer sensitive to touch by his one ear, yesterday it was very obvious he was.

Thanks to all for all - worried momma will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Positive thinking Missy.....Positive thinking!!! He's our little trooper!!! :assurred: :2thumbs:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hoping things are better this morning.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.