Potty Training Timeline Question

Walter323

Jun 11, 2012
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I understand all bulldogs are different, but I am curious about your experience with your potty training timeline. My 4-month-old Gus is doing a decent job, or I guess we are doing a decent job bringing him out on a scheduled basis and following all of the recommendations.

What were your experiences with your timeline?

1. How old was your bulldog when you considered them "Fully Potty Trained"?
2. How old was your bulldog when they gave a sign/signal at the door that they needed to go out?

Thank you for your input

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I understand all bulldogs are different, but I am curious about your experience with your potty training timeline. My 4-month-old Gus is doing a decent job, or I guess we are doing a decent job bringing him out on a scheduled basis and following all of the recommendations.

2. How old was your bulldog when they gave a sign/signal at the door that they needed to go out?

Thank you for your input

It takes time, patience and consistency with positive reinforcement. They are smart dogs but can be stubborn at times.

1- 4-5 months of age.
2- 5 months of age -he would sit at the door to go outside OR ring the bell.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Between 5-6 months for all of mine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All our bulldogs were between 5-6 months.... our frenchie was 2 years old... yes two !!:facepalm1:

Squeezer

Nov 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cozmeaux ,Elvis

Thank you for your input
As others have said, my experience has been 5-6 months. In addition, we have basic obedience training for our dogs and one of the things they have taught in the classes we’ve attended is the “ ring the bell” method. My wife bought a string of bells and we hang them on the doorknob ….our bullies hit the bells with their noses or feet….pretty cool when they do it for the first time ( at least we thought so - our males have always been really stubborn boys)!

Members online

No members online now.