Picky picky girls!

EBLuver

Jul 27, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy lou
Believe it or not but my bully girls are picky! The only thing they will eat is canned dogfood and I don't like the quality. Any suggestions?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Feed them what YOU want them to eat. You must take control or you'll be feeding them Roasted Duck, Mango Sticky Rice, and Pecan Pie.
At breakfast, offer what you want them to eat and leave it for them for 10 minutes. When time is up, take up the bowls. At dinner time, repeat. After a few missed meals, they will get exceedingly hungry and eat most anything you offer. No treats during this training.
I've never seen a Bulldog miss more than 5 meals before they give in...and I've done this hundreds of times. I recommend high quality grain free kibble or if you can afford it, a quality RAW diet. Anything from Purina or Hills is to be avoided. FWIW, we feed Zignature and have fed Acana and Orijen in the past without issue. Our go to RAW is Stella and Chewy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Agree with everything Chip mentioned, In a nutshell, a dog will never starve itself.

FYI, any dog food from a can has lost its nutritional value cause they have to heat it to an extreme high temp. Why they add flavours n colours so people don’t notice. If you’re sticking to kibbles, get a higher quality kibble as mentioned above. You can always add raw liver as a topper.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Chip.... give them a time limited on your choice of food for them.

Members online

No members online now.