Red tummy

Sunflower13

Feb 7, 2024
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Has anyone seen a red tummy like this? It doesnā€™t seem to bother him but I would love to fix. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    661.9 KB · Views: 21

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
When was Cooper's last bath?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my.. that looks like a burn? Did it just show up?

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Yikes :( it looks a lot like the neck photo you posted a while ago. Poor guy

Youā€™ve switched the diet up right? I wonder if he is allergic to something in the house.

Edit: come to think of it I have seen almost exactly thisā€¦ a roommate from long ago had chihuahuas that would pee on everything. They wore belly wraps with pads in them. If they peed and no one noticed, the urine would burn their skin just like this

Last edited:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I was thinking a chemical burn from soap not fully rinsed after bathing. Could also be a burn from laying on a hot surface or contact dermatitis. That area is not protected by fur.

OP
Sunflower13

Sunflower13

Feb 7, 2024
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Yikes :( it looks a lot like the neck photo you posted a while ago. Poor guy

Youā€™ve switched the diet up right? I wonder if he is allergic to something in the house.

Edit: come to think of it I have seen almost exactly thisā€¦ a roommate from long ago had chihuahuas that would pee on everything. They wore belly wraps with pads in them. If they peed and no one noticed, the urine would burn their skin just like this
Thank you all for the replies. My notifications went in spam so Iā€™m just checking back. This is Flash, other EB. Heā€™s always had it and now that you mention the pee, it sits exactly where his penis sits/lies. I will try keeping a barrier cream on it and see if that helps!!

Cooper switched to raw and put some weight back on thankfully but heā€™s still dealing with itchiness and redness. I was on a waiting list for a veterinary dermatologist and finally got a call back for an end of May appt!!

Thank you all!
Melissa

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online