Outdoors

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Its summer here in the alleghany mts and its beautiful . the air is crisp and clean, I have a large yard with shade trees and all a dog could wish for. But my two dont want to be out for long, a few minuets to pee and thats it !I cant understand it. Its not that its hot, there is always a cool breeze and a big old oak shade tree . I even stay out there with them but they always head for the door to get in the house. When we come in they just want to sit on my lap and go to sleep. seems like they cant function without me, Where I am they go weather its to the bathroom or where ever. I would like for them to be able to play and do things dogs do without me all the time.Myabe I have two bullys that are different from others. right now as I type they both are under my feet snoring away. Maybe its just who they are? I love them with all my heart and when they look at me with those sleepy eyes ya gotta love em. Ill enjoy them even if they dont like the out doors and want to stay in the house. As long as they are happy and healthy I dont care. I am with them 24/7 as I am retired and home most of the time. I would be lost without them and am so thankful I have them in my life.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well perhaps that is the difference. most people go to work for long periods or go out for a bit and perhaps the dogs get used to them being gone as with you they know your there all the time. sarah is pretty much under my feet if im here to. perhaps put a leash on them and take them for a walk and get them used to being outside. throw a ball or something. i dunno take them for a ride on your lawnmower lol . im glad you have them and they have you tom. :)

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Its really funny, throw the ball outside and they sit and look at each other but throw it in the house and look out they run and jump and cant get enough of it? they like to go for walks and love to ride, but to be out not so much. It dosent matter I love thhem so much and they mean the world to me. Sarge is doing well on his Lyme disease medicine and I dont think he will have a problem with it.How is your sweet Sarah? I hope well. and I hope everything is going well for you and yours. are you enjoying the summer and relaxing. Keep in touch I value your friendship and enjoy hearing from you.
Tom

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
It"s a nice quite Sunday and it's beautiful out. Sarge and Loulou went out and played for awhile. It was nice to see them happy and having a good time.
but as always it was short lived. maybe 10 mins and they want back in. I usually coaks them out with a piece of cheese. I figure if they are happy in the house thats ok with me. They do like going to Tractor Supply to get a treat and so Sarge can poop, thats his favorite place to go. They always attract a crowd and love the attention.
I really don"t know what I would do without these guys,they always have a way of making my day. Im sure Gunny would have loved them and showed them how to make them get what they want. They a both different, Sarge loves to sleep with me in bed, Loulou likes downstairs on the couch. The good thing is they get along so well, They never get into fights with one another and eat next to each other and never bother the others food. Loulou weights 55 lb. and always wants to sit on my lap. Sarge sees that and then he wants up, what a carnival. Sarge is so faithful just like gunny was wanting to be right next to me all the time. Sarge is afraid of everything and Loulou isnt afraid of anything.As I typr this they are both on the love seat watching me. Well enough of me rambling on, hope all of you have a great Sunday.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.